Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blade Steak  (Read 876 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Blade Steak
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »
The local store had blade steaks on sale several days ago so I picked up a package of two for $8.  I ended up marinading them for about two days in Teriyaki sauce, about a day longer than I intended, but they turned out really tender and flavourful so I'll have to remember that when I see them on sale again.

For the first time in a long time, I was actually running early enough to cook by daylight and I was getting the black performer that's deep in the back yard ready when this skunk showed up and took a romp around the yard including a wander by the red performer, the smoker and the kettle pizza kettle at the end of the driveway.

I've seen skunks before while barbecuing after dark, cutting across the end of my yard passing from yard to yard down the block but never during the day and never a long romp around the yard either. It steered clear of me and left after maybe 10 minutes or so during which I stayed still and quiet and didn't move towards the house to get any more stuff out.

I finally finished getting everything out and the barbecue lighting up after the skunk left and I gave it some time to wander well away.

I got the steaks searing and the last of a bag of potatoes frying up.

Switched the position of the potato pan and the steaks after they seared.  By now the sun was going after I pulled the steaks to rest while the potatoes finished up so I had to put the lights on.

I probably would've finished under daylight if it hadn't been for the skunk delay. But, it was a pleasant evening and the food got devoured as soon as it was ready.  No more skunks came through, even after dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Blade Steak
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »
Ha! That little guy knew there was some good q' about to happen. Looks great, Lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowbeast

• Smokey Joe
Re: Blade Steak
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 01:19:42 AM »
Looks good!
In South Africa I find they cut the blade steak too thin. It's a helluva nice steak to eat.

You have an awesome back yard!