Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Sales Rep = special deals?  (Read 4169 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Sales Rep = special deals?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:15 AM »

OK.......scared me for a minute there..................... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
Forgot where I saw/heard this but the Weber 22.5 kettle was described as a "perfect design".  It might have been the TV show Modern Marvels or CBS show Made in America. 

It briefly showed the inferred heat placement and reported the kettle design and material used provided best transfer of direct and radiant heat from the a minimum amount of heat source.  The ratio of the coal grate to cooking grate was the most efficient design possible. 

Simply put it is the best outdoor cooking device you can buy, find on the curb or upgrade from a abandoned lot.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
By the way, we did smoke some armadillo eggs once, most folks wouldn't try them, they said they didn't know armadillos laid eggs......
:o

I'm going to have to look that up!

J/K I know that the only mammals that lay eggs are monotremes and the armadillos - as strange as they look - are not those.

Thanks for chiming in.

I'm curious about the recipes you use for the demos. Do you choose them out of Weber cook books? I would think that Weber would select recipes that are both tasty and easy and as near bullet-proof as possible for the books that come with the kettles. It stands to reason they want to get buyers off to a good start to increase the possibility of future business. Do you think that's the case and do you use any of their recipes for your demos?
kettles, smokers...

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
I will use the books if the event justifies it.  Most grand openings are a giant give away, people line up an hour before the store opens and get free t shirts, hats, koozies.  Some times they give away tackle boxes and other valuable things, but all they want from me is lunch.  I don't want to be a short order cook because then I can't talk about the grills, so I do what I can to make them and myself happy.  Most don't care about cooking method or recipes so I try to give them something more than they expect without holding them up talking about the actual techniques.  Maybe one in 20 actually ask how I did something. 

Some events like for The Weather Channel, Southern Home and Garden or CNN there is a focus on the cookbooks, especially if it's a new release.  For those the author flies in to do the demo, I get the coffee. 

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

"and get free t shirts, hats, kazoos"

WHAT? 

They have Weber kazoos?

I want one !!!

What better soundtrack to a kettle cooking video than kazoo music, I ask you ?

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »
Naw, Weber doesn't give that stuff away.  It's the other vendors, they have give aways.  All Weber is required to do is cook and give out samples. 

Buckie, I remember you were into the bluegrass, blues, etc.  Ever listen to the old BBQ blues from the 20's-40's.   I got a CD from Amazon called BBQ Blues and I will play it at the demos sometimes.  There is one track where they actually play a kazoo.  I don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing but every time I hear that from now on I will think of you, and your picture with that hat and gas mask.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:36:41 PM by reillyranch »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

If we are not fun....then what are we?

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 08:59:15 PM »
The term "insane" comes to mind.

I have heard that used more than once to describe this hobby we at the WKC call collecting.