Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Sales Rep = special deals?  (Read 4168 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Weber Sales Rep = special deals?
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:34 PM »
Stopped at a appliance store that carries Weber today on the off chance they had a deal in a 26, they didn't. Then the salesman tried to sell me a damn green egg, anyway, he then told me their "Weber Guy" was going to be there Saturday. Said he would be cooking lots of stuff but what I want to know is if there will be any deals to be had? Anybody ever been to something like this? Dons Appliances in Tyler Texas by the way.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber Sales Rep = special deals?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »
You should make friends with the guy. Maybe it will lead you to some good deals or a hookup later on. I would bet that CL is still the better bargain though! :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Dang, I have been wanting to mountain bike at Tyler State Park and this would have been a nice weekend to make a special trip.  Heading west instead to Camp Constantin on Possum Kingdom Lake.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
We have a weber sales rep in our midst. I don't think he can get you us special deals though. I think he would if he could. He does demos around the country. You should really go. If there is ever one near me and I know about i'm going and i'll be wearing my WKC patch. 

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »
Free hot dogs at least.

jacoblee

• WKC Brave
    • FOCUS North America (Orange County Office)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »
I'm not going to texas for hot dogs :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
Well it sounds my Saturday yard plans are getting squashed between weather, getting one of the daughters a new cellphone, and dropping the other daughter off for her date, dad detail is entering a new less pleasant phase . Maybe if I'm a good soldier and not tooooo mean to "Trenton" I can swing a trip to Tyler and at least meet the guy and let him now that if a 26 were to fall off the truck I'd take good care of it :)
    Dons only has one charcoal Weber and its a 26, they've got all the gassers and those egg things. East Texas Brick I think is the name of the other Weber dealer in Tyler, they've got a bigger selection and more accessories too, lots of the John Henry rubs and such. They've  got those eggs too but what they have that I enjoy is a new PK grill, that's where I got my CookMore grate for it.
   Jacoblee if you come all the way to Texas I'll make sure you don't go back with just a hot dog, although a hot dog with my great Aunt Ruth's chili on it would make a impression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jacoblee

• WKC Brave
    • FOCUS North America (Orange County Office)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:21 PM »
Really though hot dogs? If that is what Weber is out doing demos with no wonder the old kettle is not getting any respect at the BBQ shops. People already think they are hamburger and hotdog machines...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
I do wonder sometimes how much effort goes into the charcoal line versus the effort put out on the gassers? Part of it might be that there isn't that much "to do" on the kettles. The basic designs pretty much set and has been unchanged for years. They could throw some different colors at us and release some of the accessories we don't get but after that what? A 26 Performer, ok, reintroduce the mini WSM, ok,  then what?
   Demo days are something that could help if they were done right. Go hard at the egg crowd and show that done right, pork butt and brisket don't take 18 or 36 hours or whatever ridiculously long cook they're claiming these days. Bring a rotisserie , spin some chicken, throw on some pineapple, make turds, make desert, show how versatile they are. If you're doing brats set up one indirect and the other direct and let folks see the difference.
   Hire me, I like to cook, I'm opinionated, I'll even pitch the gassers, I'm not skinny so people know I have experience eating :) 

P.S I'm not kidding, hire me, you'd be shocked how cheap you could get me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
Eastex, I recall a guy named Noe from the tvwb scored a 26'r at the end of season sale at Academy Sports for $80! I would watch them toward the end of the summer.

I am going to have our resident weber rep chime in now.

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
There are quite a few Academy Sports in my area and I am yet to see a 26er.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
Thanks Duke, I am a sales rep for Weber in the south east.  I cover GA,AL, and parts of TN,FL,NC,SC. 

I have done a few Demo's at Academy Sports in my area.  It's not the Gormet cooks I have seen here but it's not hot dogs either.  I try to keep it simple but also try to give them something they don't expect. I fire up two gas and two charcoal units.  I will do pizza, biscuits, cookies, wings, bacon, butts, ribs, chicken quesdillas, corn and other veggies.  Although most people want hot dogs it doesn't do the Weber any justice to just pass hot dogs out.

There are no real deals on Weber items because we are independent sales reps, not Weber employees.  The demo units are used all season, and maybe the next season as well if the models don't change.  But you can ask him anyway, you never know.

By the way, we did smoke some armadillo eggs once, most folks wouldn't try them, they said they didn't know armadillos laid eggs......

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:36:07 PM by reillyranch »

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 04:53:44 AM »
I would have had to try them just so I could say I had....

Maybe even make a t-shirt.   :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:54 AM »

A Tagline for the melancholy ~~~~>

"they've got all the gassers and those egg things"

Part 2 ~~~>

" Part of it might be that there isn't that much "to do" on the kettles."

SAY WHAT ?  
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 07:19:06 AM »
"To do" meaning how are you gonna improve it? They're kind of like a hammer, it's simple. You can do lots of things with it and a master can do beautiful things with it but as far as actual design changes, there just isn't much reason to mess with it, it's not broke.  :)