Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Basket Arrived  (Read 2486 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Re: My Basket Arrived
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
Sure you can do fish in it.  The top grate has 4 thickness positions, so you can put thin or thick things in there and snug it up to your liking

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:12:08 AM »
@tb80 I will be doing thighs soon.  Really depends on size as to how many will fit. Because the spit runs thru the box, meats need to be on each side of center. This basket will be used for lots of things, but has some limitations too because of the spit.  But I think it could also be used directly on the grate to house veggies and such and just flip.

Yeah, I kinda thought that might become a PITA, butt I see its usefulness for sure! Grate cook!! :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 03:07:08 AM »
@clarissa Glad to see you got your roti basket. You can actually season it like you would pan, using cooking spray and the oven. I will make clean up a bit easier. Nice looking cook!
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 05:14:26 AM »
Learned how to stop the roti so the basket is laying flat horizontally. Took a few tries....it is all about timing. I did it at the end of my spin and centered the almost done coals for a bit of last minute direct heat. Works quite well.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 05:55:53 AM »
Looks great and you're right about the cleaning...[emoji51]
Here's a set up I did for some wings, full chimney split between the two charcoal baskets, and about 13 or so coals spread evenly between. Helps burns off grease as it drips, gives good flavor, and super crispy skin with out having to move baskets around at the end of the cook

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 05:56:47 AM »
You can't see the charcoal baskets, but they're there off to the sides

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »
@WNC those wings look great. Putting coals in the center instead of a drip pan sounds like a good way to insure a crispy skin.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 12:06:41 PM »
I need to go look for a second basket that is a different shape for thicker/rounder items

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 12:09:38 PM »
I need to stop seeing this thread, I'm about to buy this damn basket..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk