Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How does this timer work?  (Read 2030 times)

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
How does this timer work?
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:55:44 AM »
I've never bothered to set up the digital timer that came with my 2016 Performer. Now that I've installed the batteries in it, I can't figure out how to work the damn thing.

There are no instructions that came with it - except for a small diagram showing how to mount the picture of the timer itself (that's located on the timer box itself)  to the front of your grill ....presumably for display in retail locations.  Meanwhile...

This is the timer:

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: How does this timer work?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:07:47 AM »
i'm guessing here....press the HR button and/or MIN button to set time. Press the > to start the countdown. Press the same button again to stop. To reset to zero maybe press HR and MIN buttons simultaneously.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »
I've got setting the time - but there doesn't seem to be a way to reset it other than advancing the time past 99 hours to the point that it trips over to 00 again...but that's a royal PITA when you have to do it just to reset minutes.
I have tried pressing the H & M buttons simultaneously..holding them down....pressing them in different combinations with the start/stop button....holding the start button in for several seconds...nothing that I've tried seems to reset it to 00

Google searches for instructions have been fruitless as well. 

Either
∙ it's something dirt simple that I'm missing
∙ there is no easy way to do it
∙ or my timer is faulty

shoebe

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:55:28 AM »
call weber

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »
i'm guessing here....press the HR button and/or MIN button to set time. Press the > to start the countdown. Press the same button again to stop. To reset to zero maybe press HR and MIN buttons simultaneously.

Correct! Mine has a bigger display and buttons on the right side. Works the same way.
- Press start/stop button once to turn on.  shows 00:00 from no display on the screen.
- to count down and beep when it reaches 00:00, set the time ( eg. to 4 min ), press min. button 4x and press start.  It should count down.( eg. if you need to set for 2hrs and 30 min., set it using both hrs. and min. buttons.) It will beep continuously when it reaches 00:00.
- to count up, from 00:00 display, press start.
- to reset display time, press hr and min buttons together.
- no power off button but at 00:00 display, after few min. it automatically shuts itself off.

If you can not reset pressing hr and min simultaneously, try changing battery again. If still not working..... call Weber for a new one.

Swamp Yankee

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »
Yep - mine's wonky. Thanks all! You've helped me condemn it.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 05:32:52 AM »
Lets see what happens when you shoot it with a 12 gauge...
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need