Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Knew this Would Happen  (Read 1890 times)

Big B

• WKC Brave
Knew this Would Happen
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:43:12 PM »
       So last week Tues around 11:30am I get an emial from my wife about a Performer Platinum on CL, with a rotisserie. She says she emialed the seller, she really wants the rotisserie...........All is good(awesome find wife!)...............No more than minute later I get a Whatsapp(group text) from..................none other then Ted, with a CL link about a Platinum with rotisserie. "I'm going after this for the rotisserie" is what he says. So there I am at work, debating what to do. My wife and buddy are going after the same grill fro the same reason. I get a little chuckle...I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.......I text Ted back and tell him the story..good laughs from all the guys in the group, but can sense a little worry from Ted. Now I have to reply to my wife that our FRIEND Ted is looking to buy the same grill..."CRAP" is the reply I get back from her. Told her we will have to wait and see who replied first, but she is nervous, she real wants it.

Couple hours go by, now I'm getting nervous. Finally at 2:30pm I get a reply from my wife "Think we got it". Now what, I'm happy we get it, but upset Ted won't get it. A minute or two later, it's for sure ours. Get a reply from Ted, "Someone else before me got it, You Suck". Wife sent her reply to the post 2 minutes before Ted, WOW. He was a little upset, I think, as I would be too, but as he says, who can be mad at your wife....awesome, I'm in the clear :o all is good!

Well I get home from work and there it is.....a thing of beauty. These things are awesome. It's a DH  Platinum Performer. The thing is mint. They took very good care of this grill. I love it. Shortly after that I get an emial from Ted with a message attached from the seller
"Sorry, we sold the grill to your friends, the Kuipers. Tell them they owe you a meal on the rotisserie".
Apparently my wife mentioned something to them that Ted was the other person contacting them. Wow, can this get any more uncomfortable. We are still friends, thankfully

Well here it is, sorry for the long story, but we thought it was funny

Thanks

Weber Rotisserie

Warming rack...SCORE

All the manuals...YEA

Wheels were so nice, I switched them out with my 26r

Now she is back to stock looking

Brent
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Knew this Would Happen
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:47:56 PM »
Sweet story, sweet grill, sweet ending!  :D

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »
I love happy endings...
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Nice score. You owe Ted a meal for being a good sport. :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
Nice catch, B!  Kudos to you and your wife.

... but Ted has a red kettle, yo.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
Good Karma to all.. He will get his grill before you know it!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
Great story! Do you have a mount for this one?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
You bastard. When were you gonna tell me about the warming rack?  This is how I have to find out. Some friend. Needless to say I'm prepping my wife on cl searching. Next ones mine. Can't be mad at Brent's wife though. She put in the time and beat me to it fair and square. Plus she's the best cook amoung our group. We all wanna be her since we can't be with her.  :o

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 11:13:37 PM »
maybe you need to adopt the system hogsy and I have going

when we spot something we txt msg the item and call dibs

1st in best dressed

works great cause usually hogsy spots them then I buy

we've even been known to contact seller and put in a really low bid just to make the others look good ::)
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER