Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Unknown Special or Limited Edition kettles ?  (Read 3250 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Unknown Special or Limited Edition kettles ?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
No, they are regular production euro grills offered in Canada in limited numbers.

I'll ask you this. If I bought a smoke coloured Mastertouch from Europe, and bought one here locally,,, could you tell the difference?

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 07:52:33 PM »
No, they are regular production euro grills offered in Canada in limited numbers.

What!!!  Check these out. I am not the one saying that they are Limited Edition.   http://www.dicksonbbq.com/weber-master-touch-gbs.html           

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/stylish-and-colourful-for-2016-570973021.html

I'll ask you this. If I bought a smoke coloured Mastertouch from Europe, and bought one here locally,,, could you tell the difference?

Yes! Lid vent is positioned at 90 deg to Canadian MT, wheels are different, ash assy- ring, bucket shape, and how it clips on are all different. Also, euro kettles have  sticker on the front legs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 03:22:32 AM by greenweb »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 04:10:55 AM »
Here in Holland, Weber sells a standard Master Touch and a "Limited Edition" . The LE has the SS gbs grill in place of the chrome plated one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 04:12:32 AM »
Ok ok I see it now. Special - Limited
Same idea - different name.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 04:18:38 AM »
The SS gbs grate is only 20,00 more, but still just over $350 for a MT here.
OUCH :-(
We have more colors here in EU but we have to pay for it with our first born :-(

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 06:31:52 AM »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »
Ja, some times the prices on the Weber .nl site are like they have their head stuck in a Wsm for too long!
Their not only smoking pulled pork but their smoking something else :-)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
@greenweb - half a dozen of one, six of the other. I am thinking if Weber made money selling a oddball they have done so when they decided......they produced to demand mostly and if there was enough clamor they would do another run. Most of em' are Black, a whack of the rest are Red and pretty much anything else is hard to find. The amount of people actually looking for the obscure ones is very small so you are in luck. Most people think gas bbqs are better and Weber does not put plaques or numbers besides serial numbers on these things.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »

What!!!  Check these out. I am not the one saying that they are Limited Edition.   http://www.dicksonbbq.com/weber-master-touch-gbs.html           

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/stylish-and-colourful-for-2016-570973021.html

Yes! Lid vent is positioned at 90 deg to Canadian MT, wheels are different, ash assy- ring, bucket shape, and how it clips on are all different. Also, euro kettles have  sticker on the front legs.
I guess you missed the bit that said "These have been sold in parts of Europe and the UK....."

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »

I guess you missed the bit that said "These have been sold in parts of Europe and the UK....."

I actually left that in to show that you were partially right. Aren't I a such a nice guy   :D :) :D   

I think the main difference is that Euro colored kettles are regular Weber line up kettles ( just like our black MT) with no cap on the production no., where Canadian colored kettles are one time, first of kind to be offered in 4 new colors this side of the pond with limited no. Even the Weber VP said they were limited/special edition.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:13 PM »
I stand by my post. They were Euro colours sold here.

And yes, you are a nice guy, and I can't wait to meet you.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »
Even the Weber VP said they were limited/special edition.

He or she is gonna say anything to entice people to buy one of each or horde them. A year and a half later they are still to be had. People want gas and spending an extra hundred bucks on a charcoal bbq that they don't want anyways........limited/special edition...get on it.

Taco schmaco....special and limited....only in Canada....yeah right.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:08:24 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »

Well! let's agree to disagree for now. Likewise, I love to meet up with you and other Ontarian members someday.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:26:38 PM by greenweb »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »

Well! let's agree to disagree for now. Likewise, I love to meet up with you and other Ontarian members someday.
Yeah, we can do that!  You met my son, soon it will be time for us to meet!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »
Even the Weber VP said they were limited/special edition.

He or she is gonna say anything to entice people to buy one of each or horde them. A year and a half later they are still to be had. People want gas and spending an extra hundred bucks on a charcoal bbq that they don't want anyways........limited/special edition...get on it.

Taco schmaco....special and limited....only in Canada....yeah right.

I do agree with you but that is all besides the point. The fact of the matter is that they are legit limited/special edition made to complement the regular weber line-up only offer in 2016. Most of other logo'd kettles were made for other company promo so I think they are little different.

As for me, I love and have all my Gen2 MTs for their unique colors. I do not care if they are special edition or limited in no. or for any collectors value as I do not put any $ values on any of my kettles except the fact that I like them.

I know you would buy Glen blue taco if it was offered. Why when it has taco handle? Would it matter if it was a limited edition MT or OTG or OTS? Would it matter if 500 or 20000 made?  I will bet that you will buy one solely based the unique color you love. And that is how I feel about any of my new style taco handle kettles. COLORS!!!