Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally! My first performer resto  (Read 1745 times)

Boostbaron

• Happy Cooker
Finally! My first performer resto
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
Hey everyone,
First time posting, but ive been stalking the forums for a while. After getting my 2016 Genesis E-330 special edition gasser last year, i got bit by the bug and ended up getting a 18.5 WSM. While I really enjoyed using them both last summer, i couldnt resist the urge to get a performer. After weeks of stalking craigslist and facebook with nothing coming up in my sub $100 range I gave up. Last weekend i went on a little trip to pick up some parts for my racecar and just happened to look at facebook marketplace while at a rest stop. The first thing that popped up was listing for a performer for $40 bucks. I couldnt believe it! Better yet it was only 20 minutes away from me. The poster said he is getting bombarded with messages about it and said people are offering him more money and its turning into an auction. I told him im on the road as we speak, im in my truck, and have cash. He told me its yours for $50 if you want. I was not going to argue for that price. I picked it up and loaded it before the seller got any more offers. Its pretty rough, needs a deep cleaning and some parts. I believe it also came with the weber rotisserie ring that i didnt even notice till i got home. Can anyone here help identify what year it is? I think its a 2010 according to the serial number date code, but it also says 2007 on the sticker? It feels great to finally have a performer, looking forward to being on this forum and more involved with these great grills. I will post pictures soon.

Boostbaron

• Happy Cooker
Re: Finally! My first performer resto
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »
Hello and welcome! Fantastic score for $50. Little bit of elbow grease and should almost look brand new.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
Good grab!!! You saved it from a neglectful owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »
The work that goes in makes you appreciate it even more!  RRR

Sent from my Pixel XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 01:42:00 AM »
  Can anyone here help identify what year it is? I think its a 2010 according to the serial number date code, but it also says 2007 on the sticker?

It is 2010 Gen 3 Performer. Always go with the serial #. AD on it and AD on the lid vent should confirm it. 2007 designation is probably for when the burner assy got slightly updated and recertified date put on. It is CSA approved cert date.

For example, my 2013 AT serial# and vent code has 2006a and my 2009 Gen2 DE code s# and vent code has also 2007 on it.

Hope that clears it up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:14:37 AM by greenweb »

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:32:24 AM »
Congrats! You got a pretty sweet deal, I think you will enjoy it!

stev

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 07:16:51 AM »
Give it a good cleaning, then register it with weber. You can order replacement parts from them and shipping is pretty cheap. I'd clean that ash pan first. Ashes mixed with water are very corrosive. The table cleans up really well with Magic Erasers, you can apply a little mineral oil to it after you get it cleaned. I just did that to my new to me 2008 blue performer. I needed an igniter for mine, too. I think it was only $10 or $12 plus shipping. There are lots of great tips on here regarding cleaning and restoring. Have fun!

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
That appears to be a vintage roti ring.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
Damn.. that thing has been rode hard and put away wet. Definately a rescue. Get that sucker cleaned up and lets see some action shots!
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »
Hello! Like the fella's said. Little bit of elbow grease and you'll have a brand new looking cooker! There is a resto thread for just about everything that's needs done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »
For $50 you got a deal. Even replacing igniter and grates you're under $100. The rest will clean up just fine. Look on the WKC homepage for the restoration guides. It's a good place to start! Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Boostbaron

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
That appears to be a vintage roti ring.

I just have the ring by itself. I would like to get a motor and spit for it. Any differences between the new ones and the vintage ones?