Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy at last  (Read 2754 times)

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
Re: Happy at last
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
Looks good.  I believe @abcbarbecue is coming up with a lower priced SNS looks similar to this

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

robert-r

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:05 AM »
Good job!!! Am considering one of those for a 26er. Not stainless, though.

I've made several frustums of various sizes. For myself, the patterns take a while & are worth the effort.
18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland, Stackers, Roti Rings & Stick Burning Al Pastore Cooker

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »
Thanks guys.
Did a dry run (no meat) today with it and temps bounced between 230-260 for 10 hours and there was still about 1" of water in the resivoir. The ash seemed to hang up a bit in the screen but I knocked them down around the 6 hour mark with some tongs and solved that problem. I also had to sweep the one touch a few times to clean the ash out of the bottom of the bowl so the air flow wasn't restricted. With the mesh size in the screen I used and the charcoal grate beneath, the holes were quite small so I can see why the ash was hanging up. Maybe some careful placement to make the screen holes and charcoal grate match up might fix this problem. Other than that I'm real happy with it.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »
Did a dry run (no meat) today with it and temps bounced between 230-260 for 10 hours and there was still about 1" of water in the resivoir.

That is a sweet looking custom charcoal basket ….
But, c'mon man …. 10 hour trial with no meat ?? …. You could've been eating like a king righta 'bout now …  ??? ;D ;) ;)
A hunk of meat on the grill will affect the temperature and time, so be mindful of that …
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 09:11:23 PM »
Yeah I know, I know. Shoulda put something on but I didn't have anything thawed out and didn't feel like running into town. Don't worry it won't happen again.
Yeah I realize it will act different with a chunk of meat on it. Did all these tests with my UDS also just to get a benchmark. So far so good. Next test will be a real world test

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »
WMT that is a great project and I'll bet it was fun. You are going to love the MT - I finally got one and it is really nice to cook on. Congratulations.

butkusrules

• Smokey Joe
Happy at last
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »
Enjoy the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk