Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Mod?  (Read 931 times)

Brassjc

• Smokey Joe
Rotisserie Mod?
« on: April 28, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »
Does anyone have a cheap rotisserie mod idea for a 22" Weber? I would love to buy the genuine Weber kit but it's $250 here in Australia and is totally overpriced for what it is- a ring and a rotisserie, although I've read the rotisserie is made in Germany.

Keen to hear if anyone else felt the same and what their solution was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie Mod?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »
You could buy a cheaper new or used gas rotisserie and mod it to your spare kettle without a ring or make up a ring and mod it.

I got a brand new name brand gas rotisserie cheap and modded to my new Kettle Pizza ring.  Other option is to buy cheaper non Weber brand set on-line.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »
Get a cheap used kettle and add a rotisserie directly to the kettle.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=9453

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Brassjc

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »
@greenweb Yes- for the price of the Weber kit, I could buy a whole new Weber grill brand new $279, or a non Weber brand kettle with rotisserie kit inc $199.
What I'd love to hear is he's way to mod- drill holes in kettle, remove grate and stick through? Or buy cheap ring etc and retro fit on top?

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:09:46 PM »
45 gallon drum mod .

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »
@greenweb Yes- for the price of the Weber kit, I could buy a whole new Weber grill brand new $279, or a non Weber brand kettle with rotisserie kit inc $199.
What I'd love to hear is he's way to mod- drill holes in kettle, remove grate and stick through? Or buy cheap ring etc and retro fit on top?

How einrej has set up with 2 holes only work if no handle and counter balancer on the end of the spit. I would personally make a hole on the motor mount side and slot on the other side like any other rotisserie kit.

If you are considering some sort of ring.... my kettle Pizza ring set up might give you some ideas.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 02:47:41 AM »
cut up a 55 gallon drum and make a ring to fit your kettle
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!