Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer Dilemma  (Read 1938 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Weber Performer Dilemma
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
I need help. I have three performers and need to get rid of one. I have a green gen 3 performer, a blue SSP performer and a black gen 2 performer. I really like the color blue and the frame of the gen 2. I have thought about swapping the bowls and keeping the blue bowl and the gen 2 performer frame. However, I don't know if I will regret getting rid of the SSP.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Performer Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
Green bowl in the Gen2, black in Gen3 and sell it.

Every time the WKC loses an SSP, George sheds a tear. Plus, it's a crime against nature.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
Yep. Dont sell the SSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:44:03 PM »
Green bowl in the Gen2, black in Gen3 and sell it.

Every time the WKC loses an SSP, George sheds a tear. Plus, it's a crime against nature.
2nd this

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Weber Performer Dilemma
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
I hear you but I don't love the SSP. That being said, I hate to get rid of it as well. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
That's a tough one. Performers are real estate hogs so I see why your thinking of thinning the herd.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  I have a Red SSP and a black gen 2 performer.  I don't need both.  I like the red bowl and lid and the Gen 2 frame and have thought about putting the red one on the gen 2 frame but I don't know if I will regret getting rid of the SS cart set up.

Wayne

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »
I got rid of all my non ssp performers...but we all have our preferences....

The longevity of that 5lb tank and the ss table
Grills

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:08 PM »
I really am torn. I would love to keep all three but there isn't room and I can't justify it.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
Tb80, here is my input.  Sell your car and buy a Gen4. Then you'll have every issue of perf dlx and room to store them in your garage. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »
I really am torn. I would love to keep all three but there isn't room and I can't justify it.

Yeah,,, you can justify it. Try harder!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 04:10:47 AM »
Wait, this doesn't sound that hard, put the black bowl in the gen 3 frame an sell that one.
You only need to get rid of one right?
Oh I just saw that is pretty much exactly what @charred said...my bad, still good advice

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 06:00:18 AM »
SSP all the way! Swap out to your liking.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

tspin818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »
I got rid of my red SSP a few years back and started regretting the decision as it drove away. Took me 2 years to find another one. Never let that happen again!

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Holy grail Red Smokey Joe

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
Like others have mentioned.... SSP will be last to go as I have come to love gen1 the best. But for you it sounds like maybe letting SSP might be the best way to go.  Do what is right for you. If you really like them all.... take one apart and store it in the basement for now.

I do have 4 performers that are all different and special to me. I would have a hard time getting rid of any of them. Personally, keeping 2 outside and 2 inside due to space issue.