Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber SS Performer "N"  (Read 3293 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber SS Performer "N"
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 03:20:19 AM »
@Chandy You can get replacement casters at Home Depot. Looks like a exact match for $5-$6 bucks a set. It's just a couple bolt swap to move the badge plate to the other side. Go to a propane distributer they sometimes have used 5# tanks for less than $20, I've bought a couple. Is your frame good and tight? You might want to make sure your bottom rails are tight. If not you may want to replace the star nuts. She should turn out Great!
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 04:33:34 AM »
Congrats! Your N code SSP looks much better shape than Mine when I got it.  You should have no problem fitting 5 or 20lb tanks with what you already have. I converted mine to a 1lb tank with just a simple swap to a gen 2 or 3 regulator hose. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
Thanks Guys... Ill post some pics once she is all dolled up.

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
If you want a brand new original quick connect tank they apparently have them here http://www.propanetankstore.com/5-lb-1-2-gallon-manchester-propane-tank-with-sturgis-quick-connect/

Two years ago I purchased two with shipping for about the price they want for one.  I had to order them through Ace Hardware though after talking with Manchester directly.  Might be worth checking out.  The new style 5lb tanks do not fit exactly in the SS performer but they will work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:41:12 AM by 2mnygrills »

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
If you want a brand new original quick connect tank they apparently have them here http://www.propanetankstore.com/5-lb-1-2-gallon-manchester-propane-tank-with-sturgis-quick-connect/

Two years ago I purchased two with shipping for about the price they want for one.  I had to order them through Ace Hardware though after talking with Manchester directly.  Might be worth checking out.  The new style 5lb tanks do not fit exactly in the SS performer but they will work.

my unit does not have the QD function but just a POL at the end of the regulator. Hoping to buy a Manchester 5lb with the flat rail to fit my SSP just not sure if they come with the inside thread for the POL. I'm also hoping my regulator is good but ill test all this after I clean her up this week.

Thanks

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
Change the fitting on the regulator and it should work fine.  It could probably be found local too. 

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Propane-Quick-Connect-Fitting/dp/B007HG7WUQ

You will love the performer when you get it done!

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »
Dumb question... On what part of the SSP are the so called star nuts ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »
@Chandy , star nuts are internal fasteners...they are inside the cross bars/tubes on the bottom of your frame.  Most of them rust out over time and need to be replaced.  Otherwise, the cart becomes wobbly.  You can find the ones I used here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/about-to-restore-my-ss-performer/msg266121/#msg266121

Also, search "star nuts" on this site and you will find much more.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:44 AM »
@Chandy , star nuts are internal fasteners...they are inside the cross bars/tubes on the bottom of your frame.  Most of them rust out over time and need to be replaced.  Otherwise, the cart becomes wobbly.  You can find the ones I used here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/about-to-restore-my-ss-performer/msg266121/#msg266121

Also, search "star nuts" on this site and you will find much more.

Thank you

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
So im almost done restoring my SSP but ran into a problem when i hooked her up to a 20lb tank. I opened that tank slowly and immediately i thougt a fitting was leaking until  i noticed the gas was coming out of this tiny hole on the regulator. Is that indicative that the regulator is no good? Im totally clueless when it comes to propane and how they work. Any advise ? Or has anyone had the same problem ?

Thank in advance

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
Forgot to include the pics

gsu13

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 06:49:44 PM »
Wow - if I hadn't read this thread I would never have known that the performer I recently picked up off CL is completely missing the Weber nameplate.  I didn't even know there should be one, let alone that it could have been installed on the wrong side
Black 26, Red SSP, Black SSP
Two Smokey Joes
Spirit 310

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
So im almost done restoring my SSP but ran into a problem when i hooked her up to a 20lb tank. I opened that tank slowly and immediately i thougt a fitting was leaking until  i noticed the gas was coming out of this tiny hole on the regulator. Is that indicative that the regulator is no good? Im totally clueless when it comes to propane and how they work. Any advise ? Or has anyone had the same problem ?

Thank in advance

I'm no expert, but gas leaking from a regulator is not good. I would get a new regulator.