Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber SS Performer "N"  (Read 3302 times)

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
Weber SS Performer "N"
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Hello Guys.. I have a few questions on this find i picked up at a yard sale for $50

Can i just purchase a new style 5lb tank on ebay and will it fit the regulator it came with ?

The ash sweep is rusted out and one of the blades are broken the handle is also missing. Can i purchase a new style ash sweep that will work with the old style ash can ?

The casters are flat spotted but i seen those on Amazon so im assuming those will fit as well.

Where can i get a lid wire hanger with the hardware as this one is completely missing.

Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber SS Performer "N"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Nice find.
The lid bale you want is Weber #65188
That is the 2015 part. Much better opening angle for the lid.
Original bale

2015 bale #65188

Has the new style rollers, hoop, bracket and all hardware. You can talk them down to about $22 for it.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:25:39 PM »
The ash sweep assembly is #7444 and will fit. It includes the handle.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »
Wouldn't that grill need the 7409 sweeps for use with the bracket style bucket?

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed  , question above on ash sweeps....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:42:54 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »
@chandy The regulator your SSP came with is no longer any good as tanks are no longer made for it.  Obsolete tank obsolete regulator.

You're better off tossing both and upgrading to the new small Coleman style tank. But you will need the new regulator assembly. It's like $30 on ereplacementparts.com.  Really easy mod. 

Do a search of the terms and you'll get allot of "how to's".

Or do away with GA all together and use lighter cubes

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
-Custom SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44, and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »
@chandy The regulator your SSP came with is no longer any good as tanks are no longer made for it.  Obsolete tank obsolete regulator.

You're better off tossing both and upgrading to the new small Coleman style tank. But you will need the new regulator assembly. It's like $30 on ereplacementparts.com.  Really easy mod. 

Do a search of the terms and you'll get allot of "how to's".

Or do away with GA all together and use lighter cubes

So oven though the regulator fits the inside thread (Tried on an empty 20#) of a propane tank it won't work ? I was kinda hoping to keep ot original

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
Wait..I may be wrong if the previous owner upgraded the original reg to the ones that can fit the 20#.  If that's the case your good to go

-Custom SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44, and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

robfox

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
Just went through this last year.  I wasn't able to find the 7409 sweeps, I don't think they make them anymore.  The 7444 will work but you have to find a different way to hold the ring for the ash catcher.  I used stainless wire through the holes in the leg sockets.  It works well and is barely noticeable.  My tank had the newer opd valve and connected with a quick disconnect and I was able to get my tank re certified and filled.  Yours seems to have a internal left hand thread that is on 20# tanks.  You could test the burner if you have larger tank.  If you can find a new tank with internal threads it should work.

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
Wait..I may be wrong if the previous owner upgraded the original reg to the ones that can fit the 20#.  If that's the case your good to go

Well not sure about the regulator but the fitting at the end fits the inside thread of an OPD Valve.

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
Just went through this last year.  I wasn't able to find the 7409 sweeps, I don't think they make them anymore.  The 7444 will work but you have to find a different way to hold the ring for the ash catcher.  I used stainless wire through the holes in the leg sockets.  It works well and is barely noticeable.  My tank had the newer opd valve and connected with a quick disconnect and I was able to get my tank re certified and filled.  Yours seems to have a internal left hand thread that is on 20# tanks.  You could test the burner if you have larger tank.  If you can find a new tank with internal threads it should work.
Thanks..

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »
That's a great find and you are executing an excellent rescue!  Congrats on both.

I'd concur re: the upgraded 2015 lid bale.  I made that change on my red EZ SS and it's excellent.

And yes, the 7409 is no longer available.  Switch to the 7444 and attach the stock ash pan ring (or a newer version) with wires or screws or hose clamps or any of several methods you'll see on these forums. 
One of the charcoal people.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »
@Chandy I'm not sure if you have ordered your 7444s yet, but you might look into upgrading to SS ash sweeps.  I'm also not sure if they are still available from Weber, but if you can find them they will last a lot longer than the 7444s.  Good luck!

Here's a thread that links to other threads for more info:  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/ss-ash-sweep/msg135512/#msg135512

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 08:17:29 PM »
Also @Chandy I didn't notice at first but I think your Performer was set up backwards.  I've seen a few like this, apparently it is possible for the original assembler to set them up with the Weber nameplate on the wrong side of the grill.  The general configuration-- which works pretty well for right-handers like me-- is to have the table on the right with the kettle on the left (and the Weber nameplate in front of the kettle).  In other words, that metal apron that holds the nameplate can be switched around if you like.  Or of course you can leave yours as it is if that works for you.

And I have an extra bottom rack if you need it.  PM me and I'll get it to you. 

Chandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
Also @Chandy I didn't notice at first but I think your Performer was set up backwards.  I've seen a few like this, apparently it is possible for the original assembler to set them up with the Weber nameplate on the wrong side of the grill.  The general configuration-- which works pretty well for right-handers like me-- is to have the table on the right with the kettle on the left (and the Weber nameplate in front of the kettle).  In other words, that metal apron that holds the nameplate can be switched around if you like.  Or of course you can leave yours as it is if that works for you.

And I have an extra bottom rack if you need it.  PM me and I'll get it to you.
I did notice that LoL.. but it lets me put my performer deluxe next to it with more counters0ace