Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bone in skin on chicken breast  (Read 970 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Bone in skin on chicken breast
« on: April 08, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »
Anyone else cook these?  I make them frequently and they are a favorite at my house. Very easy. Oil, season, place on hot indirect fire. 1 hour. Give these a try if you haven't.

I'll get some pics next time I make them and add here.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bone in skin on chicken breast
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:43:33 AM »
Not really honestly. Normally I just do a whole bird. See them on sale though often. Might pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 05:25:13 AM »
I've done them and loved them. Recently, we have been buying boneless by the case at Restaurant Depot. Great for all kinds of dishes.

Try brining with Mad Hunky's Poultry Brine on your next venture. Makes a world of difference!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 05:51:38 AM »

Not really honestly. Normally I just do a whole bird. See them on sale though often. Might pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the only one that eats dark meat on my house so I get stuck with no breast meat when I make whole birds. This way, everyone gets breast meat that tastes as good as when you make a whole bird generally speaking. Also they eat the leftovers more.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 05:59:29 AM »

I've done them and loved them. Recently, we have been buying boneless by the case at Restaurant Depot. Great for all kinds of dishes.

Try brining with Mad Hunky's Poultry Brine on your next venture. Makes a world of difference!

I'll definitely give that a try!  Thanks for the tip.

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »
I cook bone in skin on breast all the time. There are so many ways to make them! I do the with a dry rub or, marinade in any concoction you like, Italian dressing works good too. I get a nice sear on them then cook them med to low on the grill. I cook them to 160 degrees and no higher or they will dry out. Although you have a little wiggle room because the skin and bone in keep the meat more moist. I don't brine but if you did there would a lot less worry of the white meat drying out on you.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »
Bone in skin on is the cheapest way to buy them. It isn't difficult to take the skin off and cut the meat off the bone once it's cooked. What people don't realize is that poultry meat does not absorb fat. So basically you cook your chicken, take off the skin & pat the meat to remove the fat,,, it;s just as healthy for you as spending 3 times as much for the boneless skinless, and it will be a lot more tender,