Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Midget mod question  (Read 1617 times)

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
Midget mod question
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:21:05 AM »
Im sure it's posted somewhere and I can't find it. I'm looking for the measurement that I need to cut off the legs of a 18.5 ots? I've looked at @Troy write up which is fantastic. I just got confused cause in another post regarding the leg length it was mentioned that changing the length in the right up might be needed. I'm not sure if those lengths are the updated measurements or not. I'm just going to be using the ash pan till I order the otg ash catcher assembly. Sorry for the stupid question, and thanks in advance.

This is the kettle I will be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Midget mod question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:34 AM »
Not a stupid question at all.  Pretty sure the measurements are 12.25 inches for the front leg, 10.25 for the two back legs.  Since you're starting with an OTS, perhaps consider the tuck-n-carry mod too.  Good luck.  [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
Not a stupid question at all.  Pretty sure the measurements are 12.25 inches for the front leg, 10.25 for the two back legs.  Since you're starting with an OTS, perhaps consider the tuck-n-carry mod too.  Good luck.  [emoji106]

I don't have the dimensions in front of me atm but the best way to measure it is to measure the amount you cut off at the top end. This keeps their lengths the most consistent. Some front legs get worn down over time, and the bent axle legs are harder to measure and may have variance.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:54 AM »

I don't have the dimensions in front of me atm but the best way to measure it is to measure the amount you cut off at the top end. This keeps their lengths the most consistent. Some front legs get worn down over time, and the bent axle legs are harder to measure and may have variance.

Thanks guys. That's the measurement I'm looking for is how much to cut off of the top end.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »
Thanks for your help guys!!! Finally got it done!!!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:33:58 PM »
Nice!!  I spy dualies in the background too!... intentional?

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 03:40:58 PM »
Nice!!  I spy dualies in the background too!... intentional?

What can I say, I'm a dually guy!!! Posted a pic of it behind my truck in the shorty midget mod thread.