Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Collecting Kettles  (Read 2997 times)

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
Collecting Kettles
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »

I'm assuming that those who own a large number of Weber Kettles really don't use all of them for grilling...but simply because they enjoy collecting them, much like those who collect Duck Decoys, Egg Timers, Streetcar Bells, and Rickshaws! 

Enjoy your Hobby!

HiDesertHal

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Collecting Kettles
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »
Actually, we have members like @Craig who has a large number and I only know of 1 that is off limits, he rotates all the time.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
Collecting Kettles
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
I only have 5; a SJ, a Target Copper Kettle converted to OTG with a Napoleon CI grate, a Black 22" OTS, an 18" OTS and a 26" waiting to be converted to a Mini-Ranch. 

The Copper is my main cooker, followed by the 22" OTS; I bought the 18" to introduce my 6-year old to the world of barbecuing and the SJ holds my refill chimneys during long cooks.  I had all intentions of doing the Mini-Ranch conversion last summer, but life got in the way.

I also have a Kamado Joe bought at the end of the season last ear for a steal that I am still learning....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:23:00 PM by WhaleinaTeardrop »

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 04:22:05 PM »
I try to rotate...
I like to pick by mood, or sometimes by what I'm cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
I try to rotate...
I like to pick by mood, or sometimes by what I'm cooking

Same... I'm at this point not sure how many I have 30+ I'll need to take a full inventory. ;D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Collecting Kettles
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
I have eleven, including two WSMs, and use them all. However, I primarily use my 22" performer as my workhorse.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 06:55:15 PM »
I have 4 at the moment that are keepers. I only use my kraft otg and iv used my go anywhere gasser once to toast my buns. my jack daniels 18 mini, I need to get a hinged cooking grate and otg bucket. and my Preforma'Cado is my project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
I own 24 now, I think, and I try to rotate them.. but when you only have 3 adults in the house, 1 that eats like a bird, 1 that always seems to be on a diet, it seems like no reason to fire the Ranch or either of the 2 26r's... But every now and then!...lol
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »
I am NOT a collector !!!   My C&B Perf Dlx (<---pic) is my goto mama.  I let the type of cook/food and accessories needed in the cook tell me which kettle I'll use.  Of course, most of the time the kettle that tempt's me the hardest gets the nod :)

PS  I've brought home 20 or so that need my attention, none of my girls are what you'd call beauty queens.  I luv um all ...

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:11:32 AM »
I own 24 now, I think, and I try to rotate them.. but when you only have 3 adults in the house, 1 that eats like a bird, 1 that always seems to be on a diet, it seems like no reason to fire the Ranch or either of the 2 26r's... But every now and then!...lol

Im always game to take that red 26er off your hands  :)
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 01:14:18 AM »
   Yeah I'm a collector, out of  the 13 grills and 2 smokers that I have, 3 are untouchable, 2 are trade bait, 2 are sell bait, 4 are lookers waiting to get dirty, that leaves me 4 to play with.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Collecting Kettles
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 01:51:18 AM »
I wouldn't consider myself a collector but if the right ones come along, I would buy them. I will say using multiple kettles on a regular basis make coal / ash management and clean up more of a chore.  But it is a lot of fun mixing it up and sometimes handy to have a few grills going at once.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:53:11 AM by HoosierKettle »

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 03:56:37 AM »
I currently have 14 in my "Family".  Only 5 are cookers... the others.... Lets just say, I stare at them and speak kind words to them on occasion... :)

Love my Webers!!!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 04:10:32 AM »
I have a NIB AH black OTG, DE black OTG, DZ black OTG, EZ red mist SSP, P red MT, Patent Pending red MBH, and a crimson AH Performer platinum.  7 total now. I keep the crimson performer and the DZ OTG on the back patio for cooks. Collector? My wife thinks so but I always show her the real collector pics here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 04:44:05 AM »
Anyone else keep a spreadsheet of their Webers?  I have a spreadsheet that shows date I purchased it, price, date of kettle, and sold price (if I sell it). So far I have about 30 Webers on the spreadsheet but I have sold or given away all but 11.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit