Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KettlePizza maiden voyage  (Read 3451 times)

KevinP

• WKC Brave
KettlePizza maiden voyage
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »
Put it to good use for the first time. Very happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: KettlePizza maiden voyage
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »
Damn! I'll take two slices please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
That pizza looks great especially the crust. Also like the yellow in the background. Did you make that crust or is it store bought?
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 04:39:15 PM »
Very nice looking pies!  Great job!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 05:29:46 PM »
Your pies look great.

searching for a 26" front leg and ash pan.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
JDann24. For the first time I used store bought.  I know that I cheated a little. I plan to make my own pizza crust now that I am comfortable building the fire in the KettlePizza. 

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
Was that just store bought dough ??   Or whole take and bake pies ?     Either way, congrats on the successful cook !!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »
Looks like you are a pizza pro
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 07:32:39 AM »
Great first cook!!!!!  You did the right thing using premade dough for the first cook.  Too many other things going on to worry about making dough.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:16 AM »
@demosthenes9:  Thanks. I used a pre-made crust. It came in a package.  We put the sauce and toppings on and then into the KettlePizza to cook.  Next time I will make my own dough.

@Foster Dahlet. You are too kind. I have a long way to go.

@MikeRockstTheRed. Thanks!!

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »
I'm thinking of trying out my Kettle Pizza for the first time tomorrow.  Can you give me some tips on setting up the coals or anything else that might help?  I've never made pizza on a grill before so I'm a little nervous about ruining it.

Wayne

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »
7monte. I can tell you about my first time cooking on the KettlePizza. I know that there are other grillfellas that have used it many more time.  I started with a chimney of unlit lump charcoal and formed a "c" shape to the back. Then I lit  a full chimney of regular charcoal and when that was ready I poured the lit charcoal in and set the unit in the kettle and set the pizza stone in.   I let the stone heat up for about 15 minutes. Then I took the unit off and put about 5 good size chunks of apple wood for them to catch fire. I should have used more wood to get the fire hot enough. After the chunks put the unit back on and let it come up to temp. Make sure that you close the vent in the lid.   When the fire is going you can put the pizza on the stone.  Turn the pizza frequently so that it does not burn. Have fun with it. Also there a a lot of videos on YouTube as well.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 08:01:42 AM »
Awesome!  Looks great

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »
7monte. I can tell you about my first time cooking on the KettlePizza. I know that there are other grillfellas that have used it many more time.  I started with a chimney of unlit lump charcoal and formed a "c" shape to the back. Then I lit  a full chimney of regular charcoal and when that was ready I poured the lit charcoal in and set the unit in the kettle and set the pizza stone in.   I let the stone heat up for about 15 minutes. Then I took the unit off and put about 5 good size chunks of apple wood for them to catch fire. I should have used more wood to get the fire hot enough. After the chunks put the unit back on and let it come up to temp. Make sure that you close the vent in the lid.   When the fire is going you can put the pizza on the stone.  Turn the pizza frequently so that it does not burn. Have fun with it. Also there a a lot of videos on YouTube as well.

Thanks for that very detailed explanation.  I'm about to do mine for the first time here as soon as I get the fire going.

Wayne

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
Good luck with the pizza. I am sure it will turn out great. Please post pictures of the finished pizza.   Kevin