Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillfella Credit  (Read 2742 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Grillfella Credit
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »
I want to give a big shout out  to a couple of awesome grillfellas and one unsuspecting one too! There was a thread earlier about the Lars candle holders and the discussion about the different colors needed and such. I needed a green and blue for completion @brewtownbeatdown mentioned he only needed a green. @Bob BQ reached out to Mike to offer him his " spare" green to complete his set,what a great gesture. Mike tells Bob to offer it to me first. Are you fricken kidding me I was blown away. I make the deal with Bob for the lantern and ask if I can do anything for him that I several "spares" of other color lanterns.It gets better he unselfishly says Marty @56MPG was looking for a black one WOW I immediately said consider it done . Marty just pm'd me asking about it very surprised. I still owe Mike big time hopefully he will make Chicago meetup this year and I can surprise him too. What a freakin awesome group here I can't get enough of the goodtimes this place offers thanks everyone
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Grillfella Credit
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »
Kudos to you guys. Keep up the good work.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
@pbe gummi bear thanks man you helped as well should have mentioned you for the help with Marty's address
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:19:31 PM »
With snow possible this weekend, it's like Christmas all over again here in PA! I won't go into all the details about how I narrowed it down, and I don't think I'll get it straight anyway, but a multi-grillfella swapping frenzy like this one is indicative of the passion and selflessness we're all here for. It's been going on for five years and gets better with age. Thanks to whoever was involved in today's caper. Kettle Karma heading your way.

I nearly painted a red lantern I have just to say I had a black. Now I can gift that one to an equally unsuspecting member someday. You won't see it coming - just like me!

Marty
Retired

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
I want to give a big shout out  to a couple of awesome grillfellas and one unsuspecting one too! There was a thread earlier about the Lars candle holders and the discussion about the different colors needed and such. I needed a green and blue for completion @brewtownbeatdown mentioned he only needed a green. @Bob BQ reached out to Mike to offer him his " spare" green to complete his set,what a great gesture. Mike tells Bob to offer it to me first. Are you fricken kidding me I was blown away. I make the deal with Bob for the lantern and ask if I can do anything for him that I several "spares" of other color lanterns.It gets better he unselfishly says Marty @56MPG was looking for a black one WOW I immediately said consider it done . Marty just pm'd me asking about it very surprised. I still owe Mike big time hopefully he will make Chicago meetup this year and I can surprise him too. What a freakin awesome group here I can't get enough of the goodtimes this place offers thanks everyone
I'm was glad you grabbed it up. I didn't start the "Yellow" thread with intent to secure a Green, but was floored when Bob offered it to me. I felt it was better for us both to be "one away", than to finish my set. Plus, I remember last year's meet-up (a bunch of us were standing around Brian's table) when I made the comment "It always makes me nervous when a fella with your accent starts a story off with: My cousin & I".  I owed you one after that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
I have an accent LOL I have been told that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
All around great gestures,  this is an amazing club!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
All around great gestures,  this is an amazing club!!
I agree. Good people, good times. [emoji106]

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »
I nearly painted a red lantern I have just to say I had a black. Now I can

I remember seeing a post where you mentioned  having a red, and "joking" about painting it black. Made a mental note that if I ever came upon an extra blaik, I'd try to get it to you. Glad it worked out!  Thanks, Joe/ @JEBIV for paying it forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »

We all have an accent.  Living in the Atlanta burbs, I suppose you here about your accent often. Seems like 95% of the people in Atlanta, aren't from Atlanta.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »

We all have an accent.  Living in the Atlanta burbs, I suppose you here about your accent often. Seems like 95% of the people in Atlanta, aren't from Atlanta.

Technically I am not from Atlanta moved here in 1968 turned 7 on I-85 s somewhere in NC born in Philly lived in Woodbury NJ till we moved I never picked up the jersey accent I guess most people believe I am an original from here I usually don't change there mind

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »

Yeah, man. Anytime you tell someone they have an accent they can say the same thing about you.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »
So the plot thickens!!!  Thanks to @JEBIV 's starting of this thread, another member offered me a sweet, GREEN lantern.  I jumped at it this time.  BIG THANKS to @SteveMBH.  Definitely very cool of you.  You have banked some "kettle karma" sir.  Gotta say that this is a top-notch group of people.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 03:35:31 PM »
Don't wanna forget to thank @Bob BQ for starting this whole series of events.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 03:51:08 PM »

So the plot thickens!!!  Thanks to @JEBIV 's starting of this thread, another member offered me a sweet, GREEN lantern.  I jumped at it this time.  BIG THANKS to @SteveMBH.  Definitely very cool of you.  You have banked some "kettle karma" sir.  Gotta say that this is a top-notch group of people.

Boo-Yah!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"