Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue MBH In the Wild  (Read 3630 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Blue MBH In the Wild
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
So, some of you may remember how I posted a week ago about possibly obtaining a Blue MBH from an acquaintance.  Here is the story.

I have been having trouble with my chainsaw.  A neighbor recommended I contact a small engine repair guy who does work from his home.  When I pulled up to his house, I saw this:

I quickly got excited when I realized it was a Blue MBH. I am partial to blues, and I have never seen a Blue MBH in my area.

After discussing the chainsaw repairs, I asked him about the grill.  He said it was his mother in laws who has since passed.  She apparently used to demo it back in the 70s or 80s.  I asked him if he would be willing to sell it and he said he would let me know when I pick up the chainsaw.

I got a call from him a few days later saying the chainsaw was ready and that he would be willing to sell the grill.  I went and picked it up today.  Along with the grill came an old Weber cookbook along with some accessories that he has had. I haven't had a chance to really look at everything (I went on my lunch break), but it looks to be in decent shape considering the age. It was missing the grill grate but that is easily replaceable. 

Without further ado, here are some pics from when I picked it up. 

I am looking forward to cleaning it up and will post some pics once complete.  Now to figure out how to break the news to my wife.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:05:23 AM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blue MBH In the Wild
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »
Congrats nice score. 1978

Bertl

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
Very nice score! Not a patent pending as the patent number is stamped on the lid vent. It cool he sold it to you. Never hurts to ask if you can buy an old kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »
Very nice score! Not a patent pending as the patent number is stamped on the lid vent. It cool he sold it to you. Never hurts to ask if you can buy an old kettle.

Thanks.  And good catch on the patent pending issue.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:49 AM »
Major score there man. Oh my goodness.....it is so pretty. Are you rubbing it with diapers yet?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »
That's in great shape. Congrats man. It sounds like you got a good deal on it too. I bet @Craig has a boner now.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »
very nice , i find very easy for my wife to accept yet another grill by putting a pair of skechers in it , ohh look a pair of shoes what are those doing in there ? brand new and your size too .lol

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »
Great story! I bet when you pulled up to drop off the saw, you were like, "Holy Shit!" Great looking kettle, bud.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
Oh that's pretty, what a great color and it's always cool to know a grill's history!
Can't wait to see it all cleaned up and cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 11:05:31 AM »
Grate story and awesome score, congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
Congrats!  That will clean up beautifully.  Love the deep blue on the blues of this era.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
Awesome "cold call" score!!!

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
Congrats. Can't wait to see it all cleaned up!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »
That is a beautiful blue! Congratulations!

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
That's a beauty! Lover that deep blue!