Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MasterTouch worth the extra money, grillgates on mastertouch?  (Read 5521 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: MasterTouch worth the extra money, grillgates on mastertouch?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
@pbe gummi bear 
Thank you. I have checked with airline as per your suggestion and my limit is of 50lbs each. (2 bags)

Does the lid get scratched while transportation/flying? You suggested to add padding (like clothes). I am worried if I open the box I might not be able to pack it properly. Is it difficult?
i am thinking to take out the manual/paper work possibly the grate and carry it with my cabin baggage so my weber box would still be under 50lbs with padding.

I thank you for your reply and suggestion. It is very helpful.

The Weber packaging is great. It's sturdy and easy to assemble. Search online for "Weber in boxing videos" and you will see. You can remove some of the accessories like the upper level grate, charcoal baskets, handles, etc. to save weight. Your padding can also be lightweight bubble wrap. Basically you just want something between the porcelain and other parts/surfaces and make sure nothing is rattling around. Bubble wrap is readily available at local stores but you can also order it online and ship it to your accommodation to save time.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »
@pbe gummi bear 
Thank you. I have checked with airline as per your suggestion and my limit is of 50lbs each. (2 bags)

Does the lid get scratched while transportation/flying? You suggested to add padding (like clothes). I am worried if I open the box I might not be able to pack it properly. Is it difficult?
i am thinking to take out the manual/paper work possibly the grate and carry it with my cabin baggage so my weber box would still be under 50lbs with padding.

The Weber packaging is great. It's sturdy and easy to assemble. Search online for "Weber in boxing videos" and you will see. You can remove some of the accessories like the upper level grate, charcoal baskets, handles, etc. to save weight. Your padding can also be lightweight bubble wrap. Basically you just want something between the porcelain and other parts/surfaces and make sure nothing is rattling around. Bubble wrap is readily available at local stores but you can also order it online and ship it to your accommodation to save time.

Is it necessary to reopen new box if it is already under the limit of 50lb a box?  It already has padding between the lid and the bowl.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »
@pbe gummi bear 

Is it necessary to reopen new box if it is already under the limit of 50lb a box?  It already has padding between the lid and the bowl.

IMO yes. Baggage gets thrown around pretty hard and your box may be below 2-3 layers of 50lb bags during transit. Connecting flights will add more handling time as well. Your tolerance for risk may vary.

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:19 AM »
i would check out the 26 inch grill before you decide.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
i would check out the 26 inch grill before you decide.

The 26" kettle is awesome but the shipping weight is 60 lbs. He'll need to split t up into 2 boxes for sure.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »
@IndianBBQ

Where in dallas you going to be?
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

webbc1x

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »
Weber's are packed pretty tightly new in box.  If you are going to open the box before going home, I would take pictures as you are unboxing to make sure you are able to get everything back in. 

If you are going to move things around anyway, make sure your luggage is under 30 pounds and upgrade once more the the Performer with the fold down table!  Easily worth it given the life and quality of these grills. 

IndianBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 07:13:09 AM »
@MINIgrillin : I am in Southlake area in Dallas. Near the Trophy Club.

@webbc1x : I am sorry, I dont think I understood you completely. Do you mean i can attach performer table to my master touch next time? Can I carry performer table as a seperate and attach later? If you have some links to this item please share. Performer is my fav. kettle.
Each purchase of a weber grill is a very special and rare occasion for me as they are rare to come by around here.

webbc1x

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
@MINIgrillin : I am in Southlake area in Dallas. Near the Trophy Club.

@webbc1x : I am sorry, I dont think I understood you completely. Do you mean i can attach performer table to my master touch next time? Can I carry performer table as a seperate and attach later? If you have some links to this item please share. Performer is my fav. kettle.

Completely separate grill from the master touch, but also probably not the performer you are referring to.  This still allows you to have a side table, if you are able to get about 20lbs of parts into your luggage to get the box under 50lbs.  Obviously depends on the weight and size of your luggage coming over whether or not this is possible.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Performer-22-in-Black-Porcelain-Enamel-Kettle-Charcoal-Grill/50330251

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »
You are better off buying or making a side table rather than buying that specific performer. It's a big box. I've had that performer at one time. IMO it is a waste of money. Get the Mastertouch instead.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
You are better off buying or making a side table rather than buying that specific performer. It's a big box. I've had that performer at one time. IMO it is a waste of money. Get the Mastertouch instead.

Agreed

IndianBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »

Agreed

Thanks guys! I will stay with MasterTouch. Funny thing.. I went to Walmart, HomeDepot , Lowes and Target to look for MasterTouch and none of the stores even carried the on-floor show model. I think I am going to get it from Amazon.

I thought USA market would be flooded with MasterTouch . LOL!
Each purchase of a weber grill is a very special and rare occasion for me as they are rare to come by around here.