Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dancing with Grills  (Read 1781 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Dancing with Grills
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »
More and more lately I find myself using both gas and charcoal at the same time for the same meal. Nothing wrong with a dual-fuel dinner IMHO.

Every grill has it's own personality, and I enjoy the challenge of a multi-grill meal. Often something will start out on one grill and end up on another.

Anyone else dancing with grills?
Retired

Troy1620

• Smokey Joe
Re: Dancing with Grills
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
I love using my wsm for the long cooks and using my genesis for veggies

Sent from my SM-G928P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
Absolutely. Sometimes one might wanna run a little hotter or slower than the next and I switch the food over to compensated. Nice looking set up ther, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
That's an awesome looking gasser. Too bad you only have SIX burners to work with. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 04:31:24 PM »
I use my 2 burner gasser for baked potatoes... Grill the main dish on one of my charcoal babies!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
Too bad you only have SIX burners to work with. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji481]

You're about half right. If I had everything lit it would be eleven!  :o 6 main burners, plus the sear burner, smoke wood burner, ceramic infrared burner and two rings on the side burner. Trust me, I have a spare propane tank ready at all times.  ;D
Retired

Skinsfan1311

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
Of course you would use both!   ;)

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
I like smoking on my performer with the Cajun Bandit Stacker and fixing all the sides on my other grills

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
You're double fisting it Marty. Only the highest practitioners reach this level.

I usually opt for a second Kettle but have fired up the trusty Genesis from time to time. Webers like to be used after-all.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »
Too bad you only have SIX burners to work with. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji481]

You're about half right. If I had everything lit it would be eleven!  :o 6 main burners, plus the sear burner, smoke wood burner, ceramic infrared burner and two rings on the side burner. Trust me, I have a spare propane tank ready at all times.  ;D

That is one awesome looking and probably performing gasser ever. Not in the same league, but I am happy with my Genesis S-330. I use it more often when raining or snowing. Also, I switch over from a kettle to the gasser when the charcoal fire power runs low.