Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: NEW WEBER CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES  (Read 4536 times)

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
NEW WEBER CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:29:30 AM »
I saw the new weber charcoal briquettes at my local lowes anybody try them yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

TD

• WKC Brave
Re: NEW WEBER CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 03:08:03 PM »
You're asking a bunch of nut cases obsessed with collecting colored porcelain? I think you should blow some money on a bag of those new briquettes and let us know what you think. After all that's what we do (blow money on stuff for cooking with kettles and pop off about it in this forum). Send a picture of what the stuff looks like on your kettle. I haven't tried it yet. I might need some.

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »
You're asking a bunch of nut cases obsessed with collecting colored porcelain? I think you should blow some money on a bag of those new briquettes and let us know what you think. After all that's what we do (blow money on stuff for cooking with kettles and pop off about it in this forum). Send a picture of what the stuff looks like on your kettle. I haven't tried it yet. I might need some.
Lmao!! Love the response!!  maybe just maybe I will!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
It's probably just another Royal Oak briquette by another name that's on par with Kingsford. But like TD said, you'll never know until you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 03:28:55 PM »
It's probably just another Royal Oak briquette by another name that's on par with Kingsford. But like TD said, you'll never know until you try it.

Lol maybe or a stubbs rip off! I have used kingsford and royal oak, liked royal oak much better than kingsford but stubbs for briquettes is my favorite so far

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 03:50:04 PM »

Lol maybe or a stubbs rip off! I have used kingsford and royal oak, liked royal oak much better than kingsford but stubbs for briquettes is my favorite so far

Why do you find you like the RO and Stubbs so much better?

Love-a-Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »

I think RO and Stubbs are a much cleaner  burning charcoal, l I even tried kingsford competition briquettes but I think stubbs burns more consistent and gives a better flavor profile.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »

I think RO and Stubbs are a much cleaner  burning charcoal, l I even tried kingsford competition briquettes but I think stubbs burns more consistent and gives a better flavor profile.

I just finished a smoked chuck roast cook using Stubbs.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and Kingsford.  Maybe side by side I could, but today the food just had the regular smoked flavor I've gotten used to when cooking with charcoal and wood.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
Just got a bag to try. $24.99 CDN.  I don't think I'll be buying anymore, not at that price.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »
I have tried 4 fuels and I like them in this order. Kbb. Ro lump. Ro briquette.  The very distant last place is master select lump from sams. Terrible.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
It's actually called masters selection. Terrible terrible.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 04:36:10 PM »
Just got a bag to try. $24.99 CDN.  I don't think I'll be buying anymore, not at that price.

Oh my goodness. I found it for 22.99 and had to stifle the laugh. Thing is part of me still wanted to buy it to see how it performed. Shit man I have a wall of charcoal in the basement. Thanks for being the Canadian to get it Darko...one of us had to do it. Report back after a few cooks. Did you get some Stubbs from the States to compare?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »
No stubbs unfortunately.  I just bought 1 bag of Weber briq's to try it.  At that price there is no hope in hell that I will be buying more. I can get Royal Oak briquettes for 10.99 a bag now at Crappy Tire. I bought a shitload in November for $8.99 a bag. Plus I still have 6 bags of Maple Leaf briq's left that I bought for $9.99 a bag when Rona had it on sale

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 07:20:26 PM »
Stubbs burns longer, hotter, and gives off a better aroma. i was able to cook a rack of ribs followed by some chicken. no fuel added. if it was royal oak, i would have had to add fuel.

Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ