Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Registering old kettles on Weber site  (Read 2476 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Registering old kettles on Weber site
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »
I've procrastinated for much too long on registering all my Webers.  I've registered only the newer models because part of the registration process requires a Serial Number which consists of two letters and a number code.  But what about my old kettles that don't have a vent code or serial number?  Should I just fake it?  I've heard other WKC'ers mention Weber CSR's look at this info when they call looking for parts.  Are there any other incentives to registering my old kettles which are WAY out of the warranty period?

Just seems like a tremendous pain in the ass if I have to register 20+ grills one-by-one and each time fill out the survey about my age, income, how low my balls hang, etc etc.  I wish I could just register them all at one form and submit instead of doing each separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Registering old kettles on Weber site
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
I wouldn't bother registering the super old kettles or grills that are extremely out of warranty. I would have the part #'s you want ready when you call and place the order. Most part numbers are readily available on ereplacementparts.com .
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
I tried doing it while on the phone with CS and it didn't work they are to old! Oh well like gummi said have the parts number ready when you call and you're good to go!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
Are the parts on ereplacementparts.com original Weber parts or aftermarket? How's the quality if they are not original. I don't like buying aftermarket parts myself but of course if I need to I will.

Webers rule

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:58:36 PM »
Are the parts on ereplacementparts.com original Weber parts or aftermarket? How's the quality if they are not original. I don't like buying aftermarket parts myself but of course if I need to I will.

The parts are typically original Weber. You can think of them as a Weber parts distributor.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:29:31 AM »

I have been restoring a few and have purchased all of my parts from them.  Perfect fit every time!  quality products.
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:38:21 AM »

I have been restoring a few and have purchased all of my parts from them.  Perfect fit every time!  quality products.

I have also ordered from them just over 3 years ago.  No problems.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »
I've procrastinated for much too long on registering all my Webers.  I've registered only the newer models because part of the registration process requires a Serial Number which consists of two letters and a number code.  But what about my old kettles that don't have a vent code or serial number?  Should I just fake it?  I've heard other WKC'ers mention Weber CSR's look at this info when they call looking for parts.  Are there any other incentives to registering my old kettles which are WAY out of the warranty period?

Just seems like a tremendous pain in the ass if I have to register 20+ grills one-by-one and each time fill out the survey about my age, income, how low my balls hang, etc etc.  I wish I could just register them all at one form and submit instead of doing each separately.

I was emailing back and forth with John from CS and asked about this. He said he'd be happy to do it for me. I sent him my spreadsheet and he registered them all, as close as he could for the real old ones. They won't show up in our view, but they do on the CS person's screen. He sent me this screen shot of mine.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »
Yeah, love those 2017 yellows.