Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reverse sear?  (Read 2276 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Re: Reverse sear?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »
Tried reverse searing year or so ago. Never cooked another steak searing it first after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed brings up a good point. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to reverse sear with the lid open so you don't overcook. I reverse sear alot of foods..steak and chicken primarily. I'll start the sear on a steak a few degrees short of done so I know I'll be right where I need to be when sear is complete
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed brings up a good point. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to reverse sear with the lid open so you don't overcook. I reverse sear alot of foods..steak and chicken primarily. I'll start the sear on a steak a few degrees short of done so I know I'll be right where I need to be when sear is complete

I rarely do the searing part of reverse sear with the lid on.  I want it to flame up as much as possible and it only takes me 30-45 seconds...maybe a minute per side.  At that point the steak is done except for the top and bottom surface so I don't want to put the lid on and cook it from both sides while searing.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
I just picked up some prime tenderloin steaks at the store I am going to reverse sear tonight.  They are some of the best looking steaks I have seen in a long time.  I'll make sure to take a ton of pics!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!