Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Quality Grill Parts Stainless Steel Grate  (Read 3456 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Quality Grill Parts Stainless Steel Grate
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:28 PM »
I bought 4 of these grates last week using the Amazon link below:

http://amzn.to/2fo01ww

Upon arrival they seem to be a very high quality grate. Made of 304 stainless steel a magnet did not stick to the grate. Tonight was my first cook. I wiped the new grate down with a small amount of Dawn and then rinsed them. Placed on the grill at nearly 500 degrees while I was getting the chicken ready. Nothing spectacular, just some boneless chicken breasts. Rubbed in olive oil and hit with kosher salt and black pepper they went on the grill.

I spun the grate so the chicks were direct for the rest of the cook. Used Stubbs sauce and they were good. I don't have a metal grill brush. I've read some stories of wire bristles sticking to grates and ending up in food. I use this to clean the grates:

http://amzn.to/2fo01ww

I know Troy is probably working on a much more detailed and better review than this but I wanted to put my .02 cents in. They are high quality and with care should last many many years. Don't hesitate, order them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:29:09 AM by Troy »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
Very cool. I too will not use any wire brush for the same reasons. It's rare when it happens but life threatening none the less. I Let the dogs lick the grates then pre heat then a quick scrape with a spatula. Been doing it that way forever. [emoji3]

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Quality Grill Parts Stainless Steel Grate
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
I will be interested to see how it holds up.  It's not as heavy as the weber hinged grate, and way lighter than the gourmet grate system.  I've managed to warp every grate I've tried with some high heat cooks and possibly from the weight of my pizza stone.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:00:59 PM »
Not a bad price, looking forward to what @Gary@315 comes up with.
Still need a 22” yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »

I will be interested to see how it holds up.  It's not as heavy as the weber hinged grate, and way lighter than the gourmet grate system.  I've managed to warp every grate I've tried with some high heat cooks and possibly from the weight of my pizza stone.

Very true Mike. My only gripe is I wish it was a little thicker and heavier. However I have the cheap stock grates for super high heat cooks.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
I'm hoping the wife to be gets me the stainless charcoal grates from Quality Grill Parts.

My hinged grates have all held up really well so not really considering any grates that are more expensive and thinner than what's working for me as is. 

The charcoal baskets are another story. The ones from quality grill parts look to be much thicker and higher quality than the Weber ones. 
When new people ask the "What is your number one accessory I always skip over Charcoal Baskets as a reply.  Mostly because I just assume everyone uses them.  Unless Im smoking, the charcoal baskets are getting used.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:17:12 PM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »
I wouldn't assume that. Myself and a fellow weber grill friend of mine have had baskets forever but only recently started using them.  I love using them now.

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »
That link that you use to clean the grates is the same as the grates unless it's not working for me for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
That's a legit grill grate. It's priced a little high side buy well worth it

Webers rule

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 01:55:07 AM »
so far i'm really liking mine. at first I also expected it to be a little bit beefier... but it puts on nice marks and it cleans up super easy

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 06:08:20 AM »
Question on stainless grates and wsm. My 18.5 that I got used has stainless grates. Do they come with them or was this added?