Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I hate those flimsy Smokey Joe legs! ~ Cajun Bandit Mini Mod 2.0 ~  (Read 2951 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
....I do, I really hate those POS excuses for legs Weber has on the 14" SJS's and it was one of my pet peeves when using the Cajun Bandit Mini - I don't know about you tamale pot guys but I wanted more!

So I went on a googlehunt and came up with this mod : http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?39585-Smokey-Joe-Legs&p=403063&viewfull=1#post403063 .

Its a great MOD, but unfortunately for me, I was only able to get one usable leg out of that 1/8"x1"x48" piece of aluminum. It was too brittle and thicker than Gen1 WSM legs.

So I bit the bullet and added a set in my e-Replacement parts cart and went large and in charge! A couple minor bends as outlined in the link, trimmed 2.25" off the length and here we have it!

"AH" 2014 SJS

22" Smokey Joe Premium Add on!

Mod Month Mania!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
Re: I hate those flimsy Smokey Joe legs! ~ Cajun Bandit Mini Mod 2.0 ~
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:18:09 AM »
Nicely done!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: I hate those flimsy Smokey Joe legs! ~ Cajun Bandit Mini Mod 2.0 ~
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:28:26 AM »
Oh wow, what a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app