Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Single greatest kettle add-on?  (Read 2492 times)

order66

• WKC Brave
Single greatest kettle add-on?
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:42 PM »
To provide versatility, and enhance cooking and overall Kettle enjoyment.
SnS? Roti? Vortex? GrillGrates?
Tell me what any why!
Go!
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
[emoji106] ROTI [emoji106]

Juiciest hams, poultry, loin done on Roti. Can use ring as a stacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:29:47 PM by brewtownbeatdown »
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Single greatest kettle add-on?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »
Although I don't have any of those I'd vote SnS. I hope to get one for Christmas this year. It would be nice to sear really high heat and setup low n slow with one accessory. I'm the type that doesn't want a lot of accessories and attachments. It's more stuff to store and make room for when not in use. I liked it when I borrowed my buddies rotisserie but I don't think I'd use one enough to warrant buying and storing one.  With the SnS I think it would be nice for low n slow to not have to reload and mess with fuel as frequently as I do today.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
[emoji106] ROTI [emoji106]

Juiciest hams, poultry, loin done on Roti. Can use ring as a stacker.

In my best beavis and butthead voice, "he he, Brew said juicy hams"

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:12:28 PM »
I'll second the roti...very worthwhile investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »
Roti for me as well, so versatile. Close second would be the kabob ring.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »
BTW- Roti for me as well. Hands down , incredible investment. Juicy Hams [emoji12]

Normal_J_Bird

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »
Love my vortex. Currently looking for a roti....and I and a juicy ham fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »

Although it was not mentioned in your question, for me my Thermapen has been the item I use the most and has had the biggest impact on elevating my culinary skills.  Prior to getting one, I used a metal dial/probe type thermometer that was not very accurate and took a while to get a true reading.  Now what comes off the grill is consistent and never overcooked.  It travels with me when I go on vacation and cook at friends homes.

If the question was for just the items mentioned in your question, +1 on the rotisserie. I got one earlier this year for the first time. I am amazed at how evenly meats are cooked when done on a rotisserie. Did a rib eye roast a couple of weeks ago on the rotisserie and it was amazing. Been doing turkeys on the Weber for 30+ years and after spinning my first one on the rotisserie, will never cook one on a grate again.  Super moist and you don't have to build shields of foil to protect wings and legs from overcooking/drying out.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 05:37:23 PM »
If you were to get just one item on your list, I would recommend the rotisserie. I have a rotisserie and use it very frequently. Rotisserie cooked chicken is, by far, my families favorite kettle cooked meal. I just store it on my least used kettle.

Troy has loaned me both sizes of the Slow 'N Sear to try out and now, I really want the XL for my 26". If I do end up getting one, it will just permanently stay in that kettle, as it perfect for day to day cooks too.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:59:21 AM by Jason »

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »
Rotisserie for sure...

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 09:19:10 PM »
I don't have the SNS, but I have everything else and I love my vortex makes the best wings period! Should use my roti more often then I do now.
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 04:06:15 AM »
Another vote for the vortex.  We really enjoy vortex wings around here.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 04:47:10 PM »
The single greatest add on to a kettle is...another kettle next to it.[emoji1] seriously though, the rotisserie is the best. That or a cajun bandit (both of which i do not have, yet). 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »

Although it was not mentioned in your question, for me my Thermapen has been the item I use the most and has had the biggest impact on elevating my culinary skills.  Prior to getting one, I used a metal dial/probe type thermometer that was not very accurate and took a while to get a true reading.  Now what comes off the grill is consistent and never overcooked.  It travels with me when I go on vacation and cook at friends homes.

If the question was for just the items mentioned in your question, +1 on the rotisserie. I got one earlier this year for the first time. I am amazed at how evenly meats are cooked when done on a rotisserie. Did a rib eye roast a couple of weeks ago on the rotisserie and it was amazing. Been doing turkeys on the Weber for 30+ years and after spinning my first one on the rotisserie, will never cook one on a grate again.  Super moist and you don't have to build shields of foil to protect wings and legs from overcooking/drying out.

+1 Thermapen is used even more than my kettles.
Still need a 22” yellow