Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Non-grilling specific accessories/gadgets you didn't know you need  (Read 1029 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
There are a lot of creative people here at the WKC forums.  Curious to see things that you use quite a bit when grilling or smoking that people might not normally think of.

I'll start it off with something that has saved my butt quite a few times. 

For me rechargeable batteries and a battery charger are a must have.  I have two Maverick thermos and it seems like if one is dead, then the back up is dead too.  I love having my battery charger so I don't have to run out for batteries at the minute.  I have a few extra batteries on standby most of the time, and even if I don't it only take 20-30 minutes to charge enough to get through a long smoke.  Usually that 20-30 minutes is lighting the grill and getting it up to temp so there really is not time wasted while the batteries are getting a quick partial charge.

I've got something like this:

Another one is a 25 pack of shop towels.  Saves me from going through a ton of paper towels.  Just keep the used ones in a plastic bag until there are almost no cleans ones left and toss them in the washing machine.
Shop Towels

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:55:27 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Non-grilling specific accessories/gadgets you didn't know you need
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
I figured out the shop towels, shortly after ruining a couple kitchen towels.
Still need a 22” yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
I use old cut up t-shirts that "shrank" [emoji6] and don't fit anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »

LOL!  So you're grill collection and number of nights a week grew, and your shirts shrunk huh?  I believe it!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »

LOL!  So you're grill collection and number of nights a week grew, and your shirts shrunk huh?  I believe it!
Lol