Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Argentinian Style Grill Kit for 22.5" Weber  (Read 8765 times)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Argentinian Style Grill Kit for 22.5" Weber
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
Ok, mine arrived today , i gotta say....NICE craftsmanship!!!. Very anxious to put it through some testing. It's a beast, very well built from what I can see so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Definitely a stout unit. Have two cooks on it so far. Well built for the most part. The lift cables are the only thing I could see future issues with. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Argentinian Style Grill Kit for 22.5" Weber
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »
Hey Brew, can you take a pic of the inside?
What's the bar running across the charcoal grate? Does that stay above the coals

Lowered
Raised
Standard spacing

Each rotation of the handle is approx. 1.75" of travel.

Bar stays above charcoal. Attaches the lift cables from the crank to the charcoal grate cradle.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:08:08 PM by brewtownbeatdown »

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 07:34:26 PM »
Cool, thanks.

Curious how that rod would wear overtime.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »
Bumping this.  I have a chance to pick one up for a decent price.  Looking for some current feedback from anyone who has one.   Now that a year has gone by and the "OMG, this new gizmo is awesome" honeymoon period might have worn off, what do you think about it?  Use it often? Or has it sat ignored on the shelf after the first month?   Is this something that the average Forumite around here would get good use out of?  Or would it go into the pile of "used a couple of times then forgot about it" accessory pile?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »
What is the difference between this and a Santa Maria attachment? The fact that you crank the charcoal grate versus the cooking grate? Six one way....
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Argentinian Style Grill Kit for 22.5" Weber
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
I’ll be honest. Used to use it quite frequently, but haven’t used it in the last couple months. Not because I’m “over it” though.  Had new siding put on the house, so I parked it in the garage. I feel as though it requires a dedicated kettle, because it’s so bulky.  I have my  Performer, 26”, & WSM on my patio & like not having the clutter caused by a 4th kettle. That being said, if you have the space to keep a dedicated Argentina kettle, it’s a very useful tool.  Especially, if the price is right.  Is very durable with the only possible flaw, being the adjustment cables.

Prefer using for burgers/steaks.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:14:02 PM by brewtownbeatdown »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
What is the difference between this and a Santa Maria attachment? The fact that you crank the charcoal grate versus the cooking grate? Six one way....
This doesn’t have near the amount of travel that a Santa Maria does.  However, this allows you to be able to use the lid. Much more versatile if you’re a little creative.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 01:50:04 PM »
I've had one on my Amazon wish list since it came out.  I'm seriously considering it.  I'm trying to thin the herd a bit but still want a new toy.(again)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
Thanks @brewtownbeatdown.   Saw one list as New In Box in Cincinnati.  Ended up getting it for $75.   Haven't put it together yet but am looking forward to using it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »
Thanks @brewtownbeatdown.   Saw one list as New In Box in Cincinnati.  Ended up getting it for $75.   Haven't put it together yet but am looking forward to using it.
Nice score