Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 000 Steel Wool - Promise me it'll be okay!  (Read 7401 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: 000 Steel Wool - Promise me it'll be okay!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 06:38:38 AM »
I use Easy off oven cleaner, let it soak, rinse and repeat if necessary. At that point, most crud comes off with the sos. The oven cleaner is caustic, so use caution and wear gloves and eye protection. Don't breath it!!
Just out of curiosity... Are any of you guys polishing with a dry 0000 piece of steel wool after its clean?  Using any kid of liquid or comppund with them?
I've cleaned many grills with Dawn and a sos pad, but never polished anything dry.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »
I always hit it with 0000 steel wool after drying from a steel wool and dawn scrub.  It removes any water spots/streaks and makes it shine.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »
Just wanted to follow up since I started this thread. I just cleaned my C and B Performer with Dawn dishsoap and 000 steel wool. It worked just like you all said it did!! I appreciate all the comments. When you guys talked about cleaning up your rare kettles with this combo. I knew it would work for me.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »
I always hit it with 0000 steel wool after drying from a steel wool and dawn scrub.  It removes any water spots/streaks and makes it shine.

I thought so, but I have yet to try that.. I usually just polish with a microfiber cloth and a bit of polish... 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..