Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Round n Round  (Read 1651 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Round n Round
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
I have been going around and around with Weber CS.  Not an unpleasant experience what so ever.  I had a question.  And this was it....

I have a EE Code SSP with Gas Assist.  I would like to replace the Lid bale with a bale from a Master Touch.  I want the extra lid room.  Can I have the Part number and how much will it cost?

They (CS) asked me for the SN.  I sent them the one that is under the igniter panel.  Its the only one I can find on the cooker.  They want me to send photos of the cooker.  I don't know why... 

Will the MT lid bale fit the SSP 22.5 Kettle?

Thats all I wanted to know.  Now I have to do the stupid human tricks just to get a price!

So...

Will the MT lid bale fit the SSP 22.5 Kettle?

Thanks fellers....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Round n Round
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:53:10 AM »
I checked ereplacementparts, but they don't have the newer MT, or gen4 Performer listed, to grab part numbers.  Your best bet is to call Weber CS around 8:00pm (central). If you have an issue with the rep needing a SN, ask for someone else who knows how to use the system for ordering by part number. They should know how to pull a parts list & order from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder if Weber is farming out their CS to Illinois Dept. of Corrections call center.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 05:34:15 PM »
Finally received an email.  Parts from a new MT will not work on an older kettle....  so they say...  oh well....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »
I have a 2015 performer Lid bale on a 1996 SSP...I'll try to find the part #....it will work and Weber will sell it to you.
Lid stands at a 90 degree angle..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
The new lid bail for the Performer works on the older Performers as a few have done so.  I don't have the number for the Performer lid bail but i do remember a thread about it some time back, maybe do a search here for that thread?  As for the MT lid bail being different i don't know, but i would think so from a manufacturing stand point it would make sense to have one jig to drill holes for lid bales and a standard bail.

As for CS if you get someone who refuses to sell a part for the "wrong" grill or who hasn't a clue, thank them for there time and hang up and either call back after a few minutes or call a few days or so and talk to some one new.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?model=771001

Looks like you want part # 63058.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 10:44:33 PM »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 10:48:06 PM »
They're just trying to cover their rears.
This is lawsuit happy USA.  Wrong parts on grills = bad news.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 04:37:00 AM »
Thanks fellas.   Will get on the horn n price it out n get it ordered...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app