Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: check the pinhole  (Read 1149 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
check the pinhole
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Picked up this Gen2 (DO '05) Performer (my first non-SSP) the other day. Came w/ a new charcoal grate and new non-hinged cook grate, no ash bucket or ring, the igniter was rusted and hanging but still worked, and the seller thought it needed a new regulator because he couldn't get a flame or hear the gas hiss.

I was hoping it was just a clogged burner tube and I did get a little spider out of there, but still no go. Turned out the reg. hose pinhole was clogged w/ dust/dirt. I stuck a safety pin in it and presto, flame. Sweet.

I like that these grills are a couple inches higher than the SSPs- better for the back. Not a fan of the thermoset table though so I'll get a metal one eventually.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: check the pinhole
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
Nice.  I need one.  been keeping an eye out.  Half hoping one shows up and half hoping one doesn't lol.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
Nice!  Gonna keep it or flip it?

Sent from my SM-T670 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 03:59:21 PM »
@captjoe06    Not sure at this point!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers