Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: what's the latest on performer table replacement?  (Read 3994 times)

Troy

• Statesman
what's the latest on performer table replacement?
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:46:49 AM »
I kinda screwed up my performer table while working on my mod month project.

To me that sounds like a perfect excuse to upgrade!!

Is weber still willinginly selling these to us? (Assuming my account isn't flagged)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: what's the latest on performer table replacement?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:55:42 AM »
Not sure, I (luckily) got mine after registering my kettles last summer and calling Weber CS on a broken plastic Performer table, they shipped one out for free.
The upgrade to the metal tables over the plastic is easily my favorite upgrade.  Love my brick red Gen 3 with the metal table upgrade, on the hunt for a Crate and Barrel Green or Blue Performer to put a metal table on.  Looking forward to hearing if Weber will sell them, I kinda just assumed they would.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:41:11 AM »
I called Weber this week about my table. Told them it was all scratched up, faded and looked like hell. Still under warranty. Asked for a new metal table replacement. I sent them pics last night. Hopefully they send me a new metal one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:18:09 AM »
Do the metal tables fit the Platinum?

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:23:51 AM »

The table on a Performer is longer than the Platinum. The holes drilled for the mounting bolts are also stretched further apart on the Performer.  The holes won't line up on the Platinum.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
In July, I cracked the table on my AD performer so I called Weber and it was under warranty.  I was told one would be shipped to me. 

I offered to pay the difference to upgrade to the metal and was told they only shipped metal replacement tables.  I received it a couple of days later.

Great customer service!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »
Just call up and tell them you want to order part # 65189   

Some pertinent info from a previous thread:

I thought I would resurrect this thread to let everyone know that Weber has dropped the price on the metal Performer table to $38.04.  With tax and shipping, the total comes to $48.31 - a real bargain!  I just ordered one.

Just got off the phone with Weber and the price was $63.20 with $7 shipping.  You sure the metal table you ordered was not the smaller one for the performer silver? If not I would say you might have gotten lucky.  That price seemed really cheap considering the price of even the plastic one.

Yep yep, it depends on the CSR.  Price is still listed at $63.20 but there are ways the CSR can get it down to $38.04.    Don't know if it's based on the number of grills that you have.  Or if you had some problem in the past and they put a "be nice to this guy" flag on the acct or what.

If you want to invest the time, give the CSR the part number and if they say "it's $63.20", ask if that's the best they can do.   If they say yes, make your excuses, hang up then call back and try with another CSR.

and:

Called and was quoted $63.xx. Told nice CSR that I saw that it was quoted @$38.04 from this forum.  She was more than happy to make a "customer accommodation" and was charged $45.xx out the door.  Expecting it to arrive today.  Looking forward to the upgrade.  Thanks for all the info gathered here.

And:

Just wanted to provide a timely update:  thanks to all the info in this forum (this topic and others) and other forums with similar news, I first made sure my 2005 Performer was registered, then I called Weber CS and told them my 11 year old table was looking sad (ok, I might have said pathetic or pitiful) and I was learning online about possibilities to make that better with the replacement table, #65189.  After my CSR (Betty) finally found me in their system - took a minute - she found the part # I referenced and said it was available for my model at $65 and change (plus tax, S&H, etc).  I said, you know, that's the thing, I see discussions about that price being all over the place - as low as 'comped' to $38 and change and even 45 dollars - are you sure we can't do better than that price you quoted?  She didn't bat an eye, she said she was sure she could, and voila, I got it for 39 plus S&H and tax.  I asked about the bin chain, wasn't sure I needed it, and she had to put me on hold a couple times and then came back with the news that I needed it and it would be added at no charge.

They're shipping today, and coupled with the info for Brian's handles, I'm officially pimping my performer and all thanks to you.

just wanted to pass along the update and the connect-the-dots info that being registered seems to be key, as well as just the usual tip to be nice, friendly, and looking for a favor.  (Pretend you're on a cancelled flight and really need someone to like you to get on that other flight.)

super service from Weber/Betty - can't wait to have a 'new' Performer on my deck to show off as a result!

thanks everyone for their updates along the way, it helped a lot!  cheers!

Also, when ordering a replacement table, be sure that the CSR reads all the way down to the end of the page.  There, it will tell them that if this is to replace a Thermoset table, then they need to include the Charcoal Bin Chain, Part #65197     

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 11:15:21 PM »

The table on a Performer is longer than the Platinum. The holes drilled for the mounting bolts are also stretched further apart on the Performer.  The holes won't line up on the Platinum.

I'm pretty sure that the tables on the Platinum and Performer are the same size.  Difference is in where the bolt holes are located.  The Platinum's are closer together.   If so inclined, you could get the metal replacement table and drill two more holes in the top to match up to the Platinum's bolt holes.  You could then put two bolts in the remaining holes on the table and secure them with nuts on the underside.   Would serve no function other than to fill the holes.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure that the tables on the Platinum and Performer are the same size.  Difference is in where the bolt holes are located.  The Platinum's are closer together.   If so inclined, you could get the metal replacement table and drill two more holes in the top to match up to the Platinum's bolt holes.  You could then put two bolts in the remaining holes on the table and secure them with nuts on the underside.   Would serve no function other than to fill the holes.

You are correct, tables are the same size, bolt second bolt hole is off is the only difference I have noticed.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 08:38:32 PM »
@Troy  Keep your progress updated here would ya, my C&B needs a new table, thanks.  SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 02:15:23 AM »
Good information. Thanks for the input!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 06:22:39 AM »

Anyone have a photo they can post of a new metal table installed on a Platinum?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"