Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First cook on used Performer  (Read 2850 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
First cook on used Performer
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »
So I did get a used Performer. I made hamburgers and did a late night barbecue on it last night and gave it its first run.

That picture's about the best I could do after dark since my back yard has no lighting except for what shines out of the back vestibule and the clamp light I had clipped on to the eavestrough.

The built in side table is great. How did I get along without one for so long?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
First cook on used Performer
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »
After awhile you'll want better lighting not only to see your food, but for taking better pictures too! 

Is that a SSP?

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: First cook on used Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 07:04:08 PM »
That Performer is an older one with stainless steel tabletops.  It's been working quite well and I've really been enjoying the side table. That has been so convenient.  I need to get the gas ignition sorted out when I have some spare cash to buy a couple of parts.

As for the lighting in the back yard, I agree. For that matter, the lighting in the driveway needs to be improved a lot too, for all the reasons you mentioned and more. You can guess how fun it is chasing that black cat around after dark when he doesn't want to go in...

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
Love the SSP, but why is the lid on the ground?
Still need a 22” yellow

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »
@TheDude , because the cat need something to play with..LOL.  he might have been leary of the lip on the lid getting REALLY hot while firing the chimney.. just a guess though. And @Lightning , there is or should be a hook on the right side of the table to hang your grate from...
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 08:38:03 PM »
@varekai @Lightning there is a lid bale on the left.
Still need a 22” yellow

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:32 PM »
@TheDude, lid bail, right, but the lid still leans toward the grill, he's new to the performers and was being careful, I KNOW I WAS when I got mine, lol, but i was referring to the grill leaning.. I had 2 ssp's, one black and one red. The black just recently got traded for a santa maria attachment... LOVE my red ssp!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 04:33:38 AM »
I was fixated on the SSP I didn't even notice the cat

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »
I love my SSP as well...  now I need to get a larger lid bale.  One of these days fellas.  One of these days....
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
I'm still getting used to working around the lid with it raised as much as that holder lifts it up and in.  As for the tool hooks, they're missing.  As much as I've been enjoying using this Performer, it does need some work.  I need to get replac,want tool hooks and the control panel for the gas ignition is missing and it needs a new igniter button.  The hose and regulator look like they're still usable so I should test it with a propane cylinder that has fuel in it and a long lighter to stand in for the spark ignition and see how well it works.  For now, I've been using a chimney starter as I always have with the One Touch grill and WSM.  So I have a bit of a project in some ways, but a fully functioning grill compared to the kettle.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »
I just looked over the Performer more closely. It's definitely missing the three tool hooks, but it has a wide hook dead centre of the tabletop end. Is that the one intended for holding the lid?

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 06:19:48 PM »
Nope. That hook is for hanging your grate from.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »
^^^ what kneab said.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:14 AM »
Looks like you didn't get the red one either.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:19:21 AM »
Wish I could find an SSP in my area.