Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first CL score...$50 performer!  (Read 2285 times)

Don_

• WKC Brave
My first CL score...$50 performer!
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:04:33 PM »
Last night I was scrolling through the local CL listings for Weber stuff, when I came across this $50 2011 Performer:

It was late, and I figured, since I had to work today, that I would miss out on this one. It was about a 40 minute drive away from home...so not too bad to me for a grill like this. So, I took a chance, and called the seller as I was going in to work. He was very nice, and said that he would happily let me come by and pick it up after work. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
I hopped in my car after work, and took a drive over to pick it up. It was in good shape, a little fade to the peak of the lid, and a couple of Narragansett stickers on the table(fine by me), all in working order though. He threw in a bag of KBB, and a cover too. The only downer was that I had to remove the wheels, and axle to get it in my car :-[ could have been worse I suppose.

I got it home, and have started the big clean up. The sweeps are looking waaaay better than I thought they ever would. The bowl is coming along too. The gas assist works well(yes! It even had some gas in the tank.)

I'm going to try to finish it this weekend, and gift it to an old friend that has been curious about the Weber I've become so attached to. His gasser just crapped out on him, and his birthday is imminent. 8)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Re: My first CL score...$50 performer!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:06:41 PM »
Nice score!!  Can I be your friend?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 07:19:38 PM »
Nice score!!  Can I be your friend?

Thanks!...and yes, you may be my friend...and maybe, in 25 years or so, I'll see that you've been in a downward spiral for about five years...failing in a second marriage...taking care of your mom...while trying to raise a child from that second marriage on your own... At which point, I may decide to do a little something to brighten your day(for fifty bucks or less, and a little work). ;D if you're cool with that.
Do you play an instrument?

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
Nice find and a great gesture helping out a buddy when he needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
Just to be clear... I'm kind of just messing about with the other @DonoBBQ guy. My friends would know who has their backs, and who looks forward to the good times anead.  8)

I'm just stoked to be in a position to make an old friend's life a little brighter.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:29:20 PM by Don_ »

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »
Well that's awesome! I wasn't trying to be an ass,  just playing.  But it's always nice to see guys helping each other out! Our time here is short so we have to make it count!

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 09:58:02 PM »
Well that's awesome! I wasn't trying to be an ass,  just playing.  But it's always nice to see guys helping each other out! Our time here is short so we have to make it count!

@DonoBBQ

Indeed sir! No asses, other than me, here!

..and agreed...time is short...peace!

Thanks!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 03:10:45 AM »
Nice find, it looks to be in great condition.

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
Well, a little bit of work seems to have paid off. It's not perfect, but it looks pretty good to me!

Some new grates to finish up the interior. Still well under $100 for this doesn't seem bad to me.
The lid handle seems a bit squishy though...not too bad...we'll see what becomes of that.
I wish that I had taken some before pictures of the bowl interior though.

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »
Looks awesome !

No previous owner's cooties to burn off there !

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »
You stole it for $50. If it is a 2011, the lid is still under warranty. Check and see if you can see the serial number on the rear sticker, then register it with Weber, just in case you need them down the road. Even without the serial number, they'd probably take care of you if the handle pops off.
Uncommon sense seeker

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
Awesome score, congrats. Your buddy will love it for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 11:59:42 PM »
Wow! That cleaned up awesome!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
Awesome job! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the gesture and really like the kettle.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
It's in his hands now. He's a happy camper. That was fun!
Happy Independence Day!