Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit charcoal test  (Read 4848 times)

irv39

• WKC Brave
Summit charcoal test
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:37:53 AM »
I have a kick ash basket that i have for another grill, so i wanted to see if i would be able to cook something overnight and it passed the test, yesterday I baked a angel food cake at 350 and when it was done at 1 pm I removed the grate and diffuser  then stired the charcoal to get the ashes out then filled up the basket with new charcoal over the used and then put diffuser and grate in and set for 225 I checked it this morning and it was at 190 that was after 17 hrs. I think if I would have removed the ashes becaused it was still hot I could have got another 6-8 hrs.
Here it is after 17 hrs.

This is the charcoal that was left
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:43:59 AM by irv39 »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Summit charcoal test
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »
Oh man.....my quarterly commission check and year end bonus should both hit on my next paycheck....I see a Summit in my future!!!!!  I have a feeling my girlfriend is seeing a trip in our future.  I hope a trip to the BBQ store will suffice!  LOL
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:47:20 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:17 AM »
Oh man.....my quarterly commission check and year end bonus should both hit on my next paycheck....I see a Summit in my future!!!!!  I have a felling my girlfriend is seeing a trip in our future.  I hope a trip to the BBQ store will suffice!  LOL

Let me know how that works out for ya!  LOL
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 09:20:47 AM »
Oh man.....my quarterly commission check and year end bonus should both hit on my next paycheck....I see a Summit in my future!!!!!  I have a feeling my girlfriend is seeing a trip in our future.  I hope a trip to the BBQ store will suffice!  LOL
Give her a margarita and say lets go for a drive, Mike! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk