Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Roti on sale Amazon  (Read 2029 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Roti on sale Amazon
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:17:03 AM »
Wow incredible deal.  If you have prime you can have that shipped free.....If I didn't have one I would have ordered already

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo 2

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:23 AM »
2 1/2 stars? Only 3 reviews but I'd be skeptical. I ordered this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016VS9QPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's more expensive, but the stainless will last a lifetime with minimum maintenance and it has decent reviews.

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:48:17 AM »
2 1/2 stars? Only 3 reviews but I'd be skeptical. I ordered this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016VS9QPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's more expensive, but the stainless will last a lifetime with minimum maintenance and it has decent reviews.

The powder coated one looks exactly like the in the OP

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »

I had the one your ordered.  I agented a kettle for someone that came with a weber roti and traded my OnlyFire for the weber Roti as part of the deal.  My OnlyFire worked fine, but it had a bit of a gap between the stacker and the kettle.  I resolved this by adding some high heat gasket tape around the roti.  My lid didn't fit well when I first got it, but I was able to give the top of the roti a bit of a hug to fix that.  My SS Performer seems to be a bit out of round and my lid only fits really well in a certain position, so you might not even have these problems.  So don't freak out reading this, you got a slightly lesser product for a great price and with a little tweaking it will work great.  I cooked a few amazing chickens on mine before I even bothered fixing both of the minor issues mine had. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:39:33 AM »
I wondered if there would be a gap, I have some extra gasket material if there is a gap.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »
Wish the 18" ones were on sale..still kicking myself for not picking one up when they were $62 (they are $75 now).

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 02:59:07 PM »
Ya can't pass it up
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:45 PM »
Spot on call @MikeRocksTheRed , the roti ring has a nice gap all the way around it. It did the job and as you stated it wasn't that big of a deal . I think the 20 mph sustained winds caused my long cook time today. I did 2 chickens and the were so moist and tasty, dang. As a bonus I fired up my 18" kettle and smoked the giblets for my dog, he was in heaven (I also had to grill some peaches, so it was already fired up). I'll fix the gap with some gasket material I have.  And yes, I made some mistakes on this cook, but I will learn. #1. I only put charcoal on the one side of the birds. #2. I forgot a drip pan!!!, I have some cleaning to do now. This was also my first time using briquettes in some 15 years or so (Kingsford comp) and using that particular kettle.

Picture of the gap for reference.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:09 AM »
Spot on call @MikeRocksTheRed , the roti ring has a nice gap all the way around it. It did the job and as you stated it wasn't that big of a deal . I think the 20 mph sustained winds caused my long cook time today. I did 2 chickens and the were so moist and tasty, dang. As a bonus I fired up my 18" kettle and smoked the giblets for my dog, he was in heaven (I also had to grill some peaches, so it was already fired up). I'll fix the gap with some gasket material I have.  And yes, I made some mistakes on this cook, but I will learn. #1. I only put charcoal on the one side of the birds. #2. I forgot a drip pan!!!, I have some cleaning to do now. This was also my first time using briquettes in some 15 years or so (Kingsford comp) and using that particular kettle.

Picture of the gap for reference.

Looks good to me.  Sounds like you are going through the learning curve I went through and am still dialing in.  I also found that using charcoal on just one side works better....slows the cooking down a little bit.  The other hard part is not benig able to use my probes, but I think I can run the probe through the bushings along the skewer then tape my transmitter to the end of it so it rotates with everything else.  One other thing I learned is that since the chicken self bastes, you can cook the breast past normal done temp so the dark meat is fully cooked without drying it out.  Once you install the gasket, it will take care of 90% of the gap if not more.  You get what you pay for, but in this case it still gets the job done just fine!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!