Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Multi probe temperature boxes  (Read 1765 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Multi probe temperature boxes
« on: June 14, 2016, 06:29:11 PM »
With father's day right around the corner.  I'm curious on the latest and greatest.  And/or everyone's favorite.  I've recently acquired a wsm so I'm looking at thermometers that will give me grate and meat temperatures.  At the least 2 probes.  What's the club favorite?  Which ones should I stay away from?  All input is appreciated! I like to purchase wisely so I'm not looking for cheap.  Just don't want to to end up with a half dozen thermometers laying around!
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Multi probe temperature boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »
Meater is the one I am really hoping works well. Being a kick starter, I don't have high hopes.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »
I like to purchase wisely so I'm not looking for cheap. 

As long as I am spending your money  :) , this is the one I would get:  http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermaQ-Kit

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »
Do you want battery powered or wireless? The maverick ET series is pretty much the baseline standard for these things. If you're really looking for high end, I'm selling a Stoker Wifi which is one of the the cream-of-the crop automatic temperature controllers out there. You can hook as many probes to it as you want, control the cooker temperature with a blower, and kick out the information through your wireless network.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:15:17 PM »
Jesus, ya'll ain't playin around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eyevandy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 05:19:06 AM »
Meater is the one I am really hoping works well. Being a kick starter, I don't have high hopes.

Whoa, that looks really cool. If that works, you could have a really nice setup where a controller just monitors the smoker temp and regulates the fan, but you use the Meater to monitor your meat temperatures. I was thinking about the CyberQ which allows wifi monitoring/control but none of those fan controllers have a cool app like this from what I can tell. And if you're not smoking you would be totally wireless. Seems like they put a lot of thought into it.

Supposedly that comes out next month, we'll have to see how it reviews.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:11 AM »
  Just don't want to to end up with a half dozen thermometers laying around!

What, doesn't everyone have a thermometer in matching color for every Weber they own?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 07:12:40 AM »

Whoa, that looks really cool. If that works, you could have a really nice setup where a controller just monitors the smoker temp and regulates the fan, but you use the Meater to monitor your meat temperatures. I was thinking about the CyberQ which allows wifi monitoring/control but none of those fan controllers have a cool app like this from what I can tell. And if you're not smoking you would be totally wireless. Seems like they put a lot of thought into it.

Supposedly that comes out next month, we'll have to see how it reviews.

Check out the PitPal app. You can also connect ad-hoc or via your network to the wifi atc's to monitor and control the system
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791