Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need Replacement Bowl Vents for 76/77 era 22 1/2" Kettle ???  (Read 1716 times)

Den Bob

• Happy Cooker
Can someone among the Kettle Club cognoscenti give me a source for 3 replacement vents
for a 1976/77 vintage 22 1/2 inch kettle bowl?  I can not seem to find anyone selling them.
I have a set of 3 hole vents but they are too small and the originals are 4 holers too.

Are there any after market options out there or just old Weber stock (if you can find them)?

Thanks

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Need Replacement Bowl Vents for 76/77 era 22 1/2" Kettle ???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
The 3hole dampers you have are for an 18". Can get brand new, 4hole dampers directly from Weber, or http://www.ereplacementparts.com/damper-kit-225-p-1475729.html
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Den Bob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:19:19 PM »
Thanks Brewtownbeatdown!

I have placed my order with the link you provided.
Your swift response to my question was just what I would expect from the knowledgeable WKC gang.

These will replace the 3 vents on the bottom of a recently acquired Imperial Sequoia
rescued from the general public and unintentionally snatched out of the hands of another
member of the WKC who lives in my area but could not get there as quickly as I did. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Awesome. Enjoy the resto. Now you'll have some 3holers for a future 18.5" project.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
@Den Bob  Just so you know; "when you get there before a fellow kettleHead, that kettleHead has the first right of refusal on any future sale".   Just thought I'd point that out before any confusion arises later :)  ;D    Oh, and welcome to Saturday Night Live, er, I mean the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.
SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Den Bob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 06:12:28 AM »
SmokenJoe,

I do feel welcome and I feel the love here at the WKC Forum.

Even so, the real love that we share is the taste of delicious hairy chested victuals
prepared on one of our pieces of BBQ history.

Bon Apetite everyone