Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 6" wheel trim rings?  (Read 2912 times)

randybill

• Happy Cooker
6" wheel trim rings?
« on: May 25, 2016, 07:18:04 AM »
I have a 2014 22.5 performer silver.  it came with solid disc hubcaps but i prefer the look of the classic small white weber logo'd trim ring that snaps into the perimeter of the wheel.  i cant seem to find the trim rings anywhere but i don't want to pay $15 each for new wheels just to get the trim rings i want.  help??

ocd sucks.  :(
2014 black 22.5 performer silver, tel tru thermometer, nomex lid gasket, stainless charcoal grate and weber whitewalls.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: 6" wheel trim rings?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:06 AM »
Unfortunately, there is no place to buy them brand new w/o the wheel.  There are a couple options:

1.) Buy directly from Weber @ $11.95 each + $7 flat s/h.
2.) Try to find a CL deal with Weber wheels in perfect shape.  Swap 'em & sell the CL grill for a profit.
3.) Have @zavod44 make a set of inserts outta whatever wood you desire. Then buy a matching handle & damper tab. Since you're OCD, you might as well get a matching set of bale rollers too.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
I could prob make plastic too

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo 2

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
those are 8" wheels, yes?

will a whitewall click into them? I can't recall what performer wheels look like under the moonrover hubcaps

randybill

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown that's what i was afraid of.  speaking of ocd, the handles on my weber grill and my weber chimney didn't match so i bought a brand new handle for my chimney to match my grill! 

@zavod44 i'll probably just get some wheels.  i doubt you could manufacture custom trimrings for less than 15 a piece.

@Troy no they are 6" wheels.  "moonrover" haha!  that's a good name for them.
it appears a whitewall will click into them. there are holes for the trimring and a perfect slot where the trimring would fit.
2014 black 22.5 performer silver, tel tru thermometer, nomex lid gasket, stainless charcoal grate and weber whitewalls.

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:21:25 AM »
Making some laser cut whitewalls have been on my to-do-list for a month now.  Work is busy and has kept me from playing with the laser.  :o

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:19 PM »
Anybody have access to a 3D printer for the plastic inserts?.. just thinking out loud here..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 12:52:24 AM »
aren't performer wheels 8" instead of 6"

Or did you put little wheels on yours?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »
Anybody have access to a 3D printer for the plastic inserts?.. just thinking out loud here..

Yes, but laser cutting plastic would give the best finish.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

randybill

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
revisiting this topic.   

@Uncle Al  I sent u a pm on those whitewalls you are making now!   looking forward to hearing from you

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 03:00:43 AM »
Uncle Al hooked me up for my code EE redhead
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:08:02 AM »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

randybill

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
ended up purchasing a pair of wheels just for the stinking trim rings.  now my grill has classic look that i was after.   i really don't care for the "moonrover" wheel covers.

i reached out to "uncle al" and never got a response. 

@Troy my performer is the model with the folding work area.  i wonder if you are thinking of the larger performers with larger work surface?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »
ended up purchasing a pair of wheels just for the stinking trim rings.  now my grill has classic look that i was after.   i really don't care for the "moonrover" wheel covers.

i reached out to "uncle al" and never got a response. 

@Troy my performer is the model with the folding work area.  i wonder if you are thinking of the larger performers with larger work surface?

Sadly, @Uncle Al l hasn’t been active for quite some time. I’d love to purchase a couple more sets of his whitewalls.

Sent from my brain using Mind Bullets! (that’s Telekinesis, Kyle)...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
Which part # has performer size wheels with the Whitehall look?  Are ssp wheels the same size as gen 2 & 3?