Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow N Sear Review  (Read 8915 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: Slow N Sear Review
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Yep. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the original SnS and think it's better than my Smoke'n-A-tor, my Grandson likes the one I gave him w/ his C&B Perf.  That being said, I like the DnG much better.  No longer need any heat damper, no longer need a drip pan, super easy to clean -and- a real foil saver.   However, I'm going w/ sliced bread as better :)

Really wish I'd waited to get an SnS w/ the charcoal grate   ...    didn't know that it was coming down the pike though :(

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 08:25:25 PM »
I have been reading into the SNS.   What is the big benefit of it.   I use the coal baskets with a separate water pan.  I know the SNS is all in one unit.  I also have a smokenator. I use both no problem regulating temps. 

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

If you are doing indirect cooks or slow and low cooks the Slow-n-Sear is like a weber charcoal basket that is 2-3 times as deep.  Other than my first cook where I set my vents like I would with the snake method instead of the directions that came with it, I have not regretted spending money on the SNS!!!!!  It is used for 75% of my cooks and travels back and forth between my 22" and 26" grills.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

thinkblue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
I have been reading into the SNS.   What is the big benefit of it.   I use the coal baskets with a separate water pan.  I know the SNS is all in one unit.  I also have a smokenator. I use both no problem regulating temps. 

If you are doing indirect cooks or slow and low cooks the Slow-n-Sear is like a weber charcoal basket that is 2-3 times as deep.  Other than my first cook where I set my vents like I would with the snake method instead of the directions that came with it, I have not regretted spending money on the SNS!!!!!  It is used for 75% of my cooks and travels back and forth between my 22" and 26" grills.
There are two different sizes.  Right? one for the 22 and 26. Does it make much of a difference?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »

There are two different sizes.  Right? one for the 22 and 26. Does it make much of a difference?

There are but I haven't found a need for the larger one designed for the 26er yet. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 06:43:05 AM »
I agree with @MikeRocksTheRed.  I got the SnS when they first came out.  When I got my 26er, that was still the only one available, so, of course, that's what I continued to use.  I was still so happy with it, that when Dave brought out the one the one for the 26er, I just kept on with the one the  one I had.

I think the advantage it would have would be the ability to run longer cooks w/o refilling.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Slow N Sear Review
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 07:56:05 AM »
A full sns in a 22 is going to give higher temps with the same amount of fuel then if you put it in a 26 I would assume. I have a smokenator for the 26. I don't really see a need for either unless your trying to protect the kettle (sns). Banking coals or using snake method works so well that I never use the smokenator and can't justify getting sns even though it looks like it would be nice.

I use the charcoal rails for 2 zone cooks in the 26. I like that they are infinitely adjustable. I just wish the rails were a couple inches taller.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
I think that the one thing I don't like about the slow & sear, is that it beats the shit out of the grill grates!  I'll have to replace them more often.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 07:45:10 AM »

A couple of months ago I purchased both the SlowNSear Plus(has charcoal grate) and the DripNGriddle for my Weber 22" "Mastertouch" Grill and both are great products.

Copperhead

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
Purchased the SNS about a month ago for older performer. Great product.
Last weekend, paired it up with a new digi Q ...sealed bottom vents with flue tape. Amazing upgrade...holds 225 all day with one load of fuel. More consistent than the Wolfe in the kitchen.
Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
Did not try long slow and low cooks on the weber kettle yet (other than a big chicken which took one hour and half) , but this slow n sear looks pretty Amazing for long and slow smoking cooks ! Thks for the reviews.

Chuck Brichta

• Smokey Joe
Slow N Sear Review
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »
Going to cook either pork tenderloin or Ribs on my slow  n  sear, this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »
Pork Loin Roast on the Roti w/ the SnS tomorrow . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
I use the easy spin grate with the SNS and leave off the hinged portion above the coals.