Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Jr  (Read 2981 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Genesis Jr
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:40:59 AM »
I came into this grill on CL Friday. Inspired by Marty's restore, something just striking about these gassers. Since recently gifting a Silver, I have a hole to fill. :o The exterior looks great. The bad, the guts are shot... The burners are the only thing that can't be sourced... If anybody could help me down a trail to source parts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Genesis Jr
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:49:51 PM »
Very nice, @glrasmussen ! Hope to run into one of those myself...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:08 AM »
Greg, what do the burners look like? Perhaps you can reuse the normal Genesis ones and just cut and cap the end?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:15:58 AM »
Greg, what do the burners look like? Perhaps you can reuse the normal Genesis ones and just cut and cap the end?

@pbe gummi bear , They are shot. Removed them last night. I do have a spare set of Gen Tubes. I will be measuring that up tonight.
I need 8" to the burner holes from the valve end, to contain the fire in the box. If i have that, wonder if I could cut and splice :o

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »
Greg-
This is a GREAT score!   We will figure out how to make you some "remanufactured" burners to replace those ratty old ones! 
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
Love these old red Genesis grills with the wood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »
Greg-
This is a GREAT score!   We will figure out how to make you some "remanufactured" burners to replace those ratty old ones!

@saxart - Dang, send a beers of choice ;D We will meet up very shortly.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:21 PM »
Love these old red Genesis grills with the wood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Bbqmiller , They are. Something special about a JR. Criss Cross Flavorer bars in a small box, I have the 5500 that has a neat factor. glass doors. I'm all about charcoal, but these are vintage gassers, still part of the history of Weber.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »

@pbe gummi bear , They are shot. Removed them last night. I do have a spare set of Gen Tubes. I will be measuring that up tonight.
I need 8" to the burner holes from the valve end, to contain the fire in the box. If i have that, wonder if I could cut and splice :o

@pbe gummi bear , Think we have figured it out. The old Gen tubes just need to be shortened. To be continued...

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 07:30:21 PM »
Nice, Greg.
I picked up a red one just like it in Arizona this winter from JCNAZ. I plan to make replacement wood slats this summer, which I'll bring back to Tucson and complete the refurb when we return in November. That'll be my 'winter gasser'.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)