Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Frozen steak?  (Read 1120 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Frozen steak?
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:11:54 PM »
Done it? I've read it can be great or even better than thawed. You get the sear without danger of overcooking the inside, and no "grayness" either.

Basically, I have a rib-eye in the freezer and wanna eat it tomorrow.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Frozen steak?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
I've read really good things about it.  I just can't stand frozen meat :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:31:40 AM »
I have never heard of cooking one frozen? I'll read up a little. What kind of cooking times are we talking about here, with the obvious factors, thickness, heat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:17 AM »
This is a thing --- cooking a frozen steak --- that made the rounds a few years ago. It goes with pan frying them, typically. Here's an example, http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/clap-steak-ideas-in-food

None of that really applies to me since I didn't seasoned it prior to freezing and wouldn't be doing the rest here, but maybe next time?

And there are of course several other examples and videos you'll find. I just wanted to read if people here had done it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch