Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My new CB Stacker  (Read 4022 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
My new CB Stacker
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Wanted a Cajun Bandit stacker for a long time and now I finally got one.  I'm impressed by the solid construction and how tightly it fits on the kettle.  I ordered it with the heat deflector.  It also comes with a coal ring which holds a ton of fuel.  I did a test burn with a full load of KBB with the deflector in.  I monitored the temp with my maverick and I found it was responsive and easy to control.  I ran it for 12 hours at temps from 250-264 with only small temp adjustments every 2-3 hours.  The way it behaved and operated was very much like my Big Green Egg I used to have.  I shut it down after 12 hours.  The next morning I found that I still had enough fuel to run it at least another 2-3 hours.  Very impressive!!!  I have done a couple small cooks on it and am seeing the versatility of it.  Made some chicken kabobs with the deflector taken out.  It was sort of a direct/indirect cook.  The turned out great.  They were cooked nicely and very juicy.  Turned out the same as if I cooked them on a komado.  Soon I will do a long cook with a pork butt.  Love this product.  Wish I would have gotten it sooner.  It's a must have!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:24:42 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

ChaoSki

• Smokey Joe
Re: My new CB Stacker
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
Very nice

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
That is great, Dave! I have the older CB Conversion,  and it is really well built. The SS just looks awesome though.
Perhaps this thread should be in the product review section?
@SixZeroFour , @pbe gummi bear .

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:15:46 PM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 05:58:36 PM »
Wanted a Cajun Bandit stacker for a long time and now I finally got one.  I'm impressed by the solid construction and how tightly it fits on the kettle.  I ordered it with the heat deflector.  It also comes with a coal ring which holds a ton of fuel.  I did a test burn with a full load of KBB with the deflector in.  I monitored the temp with my maverick and I found it was responsive and easy to control.  I ran it for 12 hours at temps from 250-264 with only small temp adjustments every 2-3 hours.  The way it behaved and operated was very much like my Big Green Egg I used to have.  I shut it down after 12 hours.  The next morning I found that I still had enough fuel to run it at least another 2-3 hours.  Very impressive!!!  I have done a couple small cooks on it and am seeing the versatility of it.  Made some chicken kabobs with the deflector taken out.  It was sort of a direct/indirect cook.  The turned out great.  They were cooked nicely and very juicy.  Turned out the same as if I cooked them on a komado.  Soon I will do a long cook with a pork butt.  Love this product.  Wish I would have gotten it sooner.  It's a must have!

Congratulations!!!

BEST. KETTLE. ACCESSORY. PURCHASE. EVER. You'll love that! I've had mine for almost two years now.

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:04:23 AM »
I have been thinking about getting one of these myself.  For those that have one - I have a few questions:  Where does the heat deflector sit at?  How many cooking grates are you able to use?  Are you able to use the entire surface of the cooking grates?  I'm able to cook two pork butts on my kettle now, if I added a stacker could I increase the cook to four pork butts total?

jrc1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
That thing is cool. Anyone try to use a roti ring as a poor man's version. Maybe get a little more room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

green platinum of unknown vintage

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
I have been thinking about getting one of these myself.  For those that have one - I have a few questions:  Where does the heat deflector sit at?  How many cooking grates are you able to use?  Are you able to use the entire surface of the cooking grates?  I'm able to cook two pork butts on my kettle now, if I added a stacker could I increase the cook to four pork butts total?

There are two sets of hangers or hooks inside the stacker.  you can use the entire surface as long as the deflector is in.  you can put a second grate on the hanger on top of the deflector.  I would probably use it for a water pan or drip tray.  Hope the pics help.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:12:21 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
My new CB Stacker
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
I almost pulled the trigger on the CB stacker, but I chose the Smoke EZ for a couple reasons. I love that it comes with a rack hanger and a water bowl that sits inside of your fire ring. I also love the two handles that make removing the stacker easy during a cook for refueling. I've experienced several cooks where the moisture from the bottom bowl kept the meats moist during low n slow cooks. Moisture is critical when smoking fish and the Smoke EZ accomplished that. So it's good knowledge to note that there are a couple good options out there when it comes to buying a stacker for your beloved kettle. I do like that stainless steel body of the bandit.

Also, the roti ring sits nicely on the stacker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:37:40 PM by Bustin Butt »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
My new CB Stacker
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
How many cooking grates are you able to use?  Are you able to use the entire surface of the cooking grates?  I'm able to cook two pork butts on my kettle now, if I added a stacker could I increase the cook to four pork butts total?
With my Smoke EZ, I can cook with 3 levels of grill grates. The stacker comes with two, but you can very easily add some L brackets to accommodate that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:09:14 PM by Bustin Butt »

havachat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »
I'm really interested by the CB Stacker, Roti Ring and the Smoke EZ.

Does anyone who posts here make them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »
I'm really interested by the CB Stacker, Roti Ring and the Smoke EZ.

Does anyone who posts here make them?

I don't know if anyone here makes them, but there are a couple websites that sells these products.

havachat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
I had a look at the Cajun Bandit site but couldn't find the stacker.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
I had a look at the Cajun Bandit site but couldn't find the stacker.

http://cajunbandit.com/wsm-parts-mods/22-5/

havachat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 01:10:49 PM »
So it's under the WSM tab, but they fit the reg Weber too?

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
My new CB Stacker
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
I am not 100% sure because I haven't bought one from there, but it says it does. Maybe one of the members here who bought one can assure you better than I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk