Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WT-19 Work Table CL Score  (Read 1588 times)

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
WT-19 Work Table CL Score
« on: April 11, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »
So a few weeks back, I contacted a CL seller in Ohio about WT-19 work table. The seller was entertaining my offer to pay for shipping of the table to WI. However, additional pictures of the table revealed a cracked and splitting corner so I didn't think it was worth the price to have it shipped. Anyhow, another WKC picked up the table in the thread below.

Red MBH w/ full wood table http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=21246

Fast forward a few weeks later to last night.  Casually searched CL before hitting the sack and came across a CL for a BNIB WT-19 Work Table that was about 40min away. The ad was 2 days old so I figured one of the Chicago guys had already beat me to the table. There was a mobile number but I wasn't about to txt the seller at 11pm so I sent an email without much hope that it was still available.  To my surprise, the seller responded within 10min and said the table was still available.  A couple email and txt msg later and the box was in my trunk this evening. 

Seller says it's never been used but you can tell it's been used a couple times because there are a few light stains on the tabletop and there are a couple thumb screw marks on the legs from tightening the screws.  Overall the table is in beautiful shape given the age.  The seller is an older gentleman that bought it and just never used it because his son bought him a gasser 

There are surface rust specks on the metal hardware, hooks, legs and towel ring.  What do you guys recommend for cleaning up the rust specks?  Additionally, is this teak wood?  Should I put a clear coat or varnish on it?  Or should I just wipe it down and start using it?I'm no wood expert so I have no clue.  Finally, the table handle hook doesn't fit over Zavod's wood handle.  Any suggestions there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Re: WT-19 Work Table CL Score
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »
The Weber gods must really have wanted you to have one of those! Sorry, I don't have any constructive advice...I think just teak oil will work. It is teak veneer, though the teak isn't that thick.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
WT-19 Work Table CL Score
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Nice grab!!!  I was eyeing it up, but didn't pull the trigger.  Spent a little Weber $$$ over the weekend, and have one already.

Probably gonna be hard to find an '81 (or later) bracket, but it wouldn't hurt to post a WTB in Online Finds.  Maybe someone kept the hardware from a busted table.  From the pics, it only looks like handle is barely thicker than the bracket opening. Seems like sacrilege, but what about filing just enough of the inner handle piece down for it to fit over?  If you're handy enough, you could make a bracket out of an old two-prong camp fork on a bench vise.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞