Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef Tenderloin Steaks  (Read 1399 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Beef Tenderloin Steaks
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:56:11 PM »
Over Charcos Coconut Shell briqs.

started @ 1/3 chimney of Charcos and once the ashed over @15 minutes I dumped them into my hillbilly vortex

Laid a single Grill Grate on it and let it heat

Soaked in Gold Buckle Brisket marinade for 20 minutes and seasoned with Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta rub.

Pulled them at 134*, wife wanted hers a little less bloody, so it killed me to serve hers at 140* -it made her happy!

I will survive

Brian
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Beef Tenderloin Steaks
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
... I dumped them into my hillbilly vortex ...

Seems like you could have just left them in the chimney?

You're also one step away from cooking straight on the charcoal!  ;D
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
Re: Beef Tenderloin Steaks
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:41:51 PM »
I know it's all about personal preference but surely a delicious beef fillet doesn't need a rub, does it?

Don't get me wrong, they look absolutely gorgeous and expertly cooked, but have you ever just tried it with just salt and pepper, Brian?