Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Weber Grill Table  (Read 3868 times)

gdphishman817

• Happy Cooker
My Weber Grill Table
« on: March 25, 2016, 10:09:04 AM »
Hi everyone, here's a little background on me. I had an 18" weber for years. When I met my wife, she didn't eat any meat except chicken and turkey, boneless skinless at that. I found grilling on the 18 a pain because of how fast the chicken breasts would cook. Lot's of setup for 10 minutes of cooking. When we bought our first house together 2.5 years ago, the first thing I did was by a kenmore gas grill from Sears.

Fast foward to about 1.5 years ago, my wife starts eating all meat again. She now loves steak. I quickly found I wasn't getting good results cooking steak on the gas grill so I broke out the old 18. I was amazed at how much better my steaks were cooked on charcoal. Last summer I upgraded to a 22.5" Mastertouch. I also bought the weber side table. I started to have issues with the table because when I cooked low and slow, the table would cause too much of an air gap so I'd have to take it off. I finally just bolted it to the side of the kettle.

A few weeks ago I decided to get rid of the gas grill altogether. It was never that great and I basically stopped using it. My wife was like, "what are we going to do when we want to grill a lot of food for a party. I had an easy answer, I'll just pick up another kettle. What I really wanted was a performer, but, after looking at them in the store, I didn't think the table was big enough. I wanted some real workspace. I decided to build a table. This was basically my first real woodworking project. After reading some forums of other peoples builds and modifying some free plans from grilldome.com, I built my table last Saturday. I popped my new Copper 22.5 in two days ago. It came out great and I couldn't be happier.

Here's a picture of the family

Today I added hooks and am cooking a rack of spare ribs to crisen it

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:12:13 AM by gdphishman817 »

armpit

• Smokey Joe
Re: My Weber Grill Table
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Welcome to the club! Bravo and nice work on the table.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
Wow! That looks good. Nice work!!!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »
Great looking table!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 07:11:50 PM »
Nice job, looks great, and welcome!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »
Welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.   That is what ya call a BBQ Island :)                                    SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
Nice work bud, and welcome!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 11:55:13 PM »
Nice job! For a first woodworking project that is outstanding.

Where do you put the lid? And where is the bottle opener?

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 01:18:18 AM »
Welcome from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 02:00:01 AM »
Welcome and absolutely LOVE it!!!

I dream of one day growing the balls to tackle a project like this!
Big Time Thumbs Up!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

gdphishman817

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 03:31:14 AM »
Nice job! For a first woodworking project that is outstanding.

Where do you put the lid? And where is the bottle opener?

Well, the lid goes on the ground right now, I haven't figured out a good solution for that. I have the slide aside on my mastertouch that I love, but I find trying to hook the lid on something is harder than just setting it on the ground.

As far as the bottle opener, one nice thing about building this yourself is how easy it is to add accessories whenever you want!

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 04:36:50 AM »
Very  8)
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 04:59:20 AM »
I made a cradle for mine. Its all wood so it cant harm the porcelain on the lid and it keeps the lid off the ground. Cost about $4 and you can make it any height you want. You can put a third leg on it so its free standing, anywhere.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

gdphishman817

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 05:07:11 AM »
I made a cradle for mine. Its all wood so it cant harm the porcelain on the lid and it keeps the lid off the ground. Cost about $4 and you can make it any height you want. You can put a third leg on it so its free standing, anywhere.

That's a great idea. I'll try to come up with something similiar

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 05:33:51 AM »
Great job on the table. Welcome from KC.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,