Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Craycorts on the old Jumbo Joe  (Read 1280 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Craycorts on the old Jumbo Joe
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »
If anyone ever wondered, as I did, 18" Craycorts do fit on the old Jumbo Joes.  Granted, it does sit slightly lower than the original grate but once it settles into its spot, it sits beautifully in place. 

I also checked and charcoal baskets still fit underneath.  I guess my only concern would be whether the outer ring would expand when hot and push out on the grill.  I'm guessing it would be fine, but I guess I'll see what happens.

It is a little heavier but still manageable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:13:58 PM by mcgolden »

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Craycorts on the old Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Nice looking Jumbo Joe.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
When I first got a SJ I was lusting after a set of Craycorts but couldn't bring myself to spend over double what I paid for the grill for the new CI grates.  Then over the year using the SJ so much for quick cooks here at work I wonder if part of the beauty of the SJ is just how easy it is to handle the stock grate with a sturdy pair of tongs and place it off to the side when setting up the charcoal and how little maintenance the stock grate requires.

Love cooking ribeyes on the SJ, the grates are so close to the charcoal and tossing in a few cherry chips gives them a nice flavor.   I'm sure the Craycorts would give an even nicer sear after letting them heat up. They sure look nice.  Love the handle on your JJ!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
Sweet looking SJP and thanks for answering my question about whether or not the Craycorts would fit my SJP. I need to pull the trigger on a set soon.