Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hot Beef Injection with balls  (Read 1737 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Hot Beef Injection with balls
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

I heated up a can of French onion soup and injected it into a sirloin tip roast . After a dry rub and a quick sear I put it on the roast rack with drip pan at 350 to cook over indirect heat . Cook time approx 2-3 hours. I threw on some bakers to go along .

The wife spotted a recipe for meatball garlic knots on Pinterest  and so we decided to make a few and try them out .

We cooked our favorite meatball recipe and after they cooled took some canned pizza dough cut into 1/2" strips and knotted the dough around the balls . Then they got brushed with garlic butter and cooked .

After the dough baked a quick toss once again in garlic butter and then served with marinara .

We had some leftover meatball mixture and so I filled up some sweet peppers and topped with Parmesan. I then took some cream cheese , feta , chives and lemon juice and mixed that up to fill a few more peppers .

I cooked the roast to 125 degrees and gave it an hour rest or so
The roast had a nice onion flavor and the appetizers were a meal in themselves , the meatball garlic knots are outstanding and I loved the Greek flavors of feta filled peppers for sure.

Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:16:12 PM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hot Beef Injection with balls
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »
That is a great looking spread of food.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:50 PM »
Nice spread!!!  Grate title for the post. Had to make sure I was on WKC, and not on my favorite T&A site.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
What's the dough on the balls? Knowing Pinterest... Crescent roll?
Still need a 22” yellow

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 09:46:06 PM »
That's fantastic looking.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:44:38 AM »

What's the dough on the balls? Knowing Pinterest... Crescent roll?

It's pizza dough , cut into 1/2 inch strips about 8 inches long , give the strip of a dough a twist and wrap around the meatball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:25 AM »
Everything looks amazing as usual @Idahawk.  Do you think injecting the meat with a hot injection helped the meat cook a little faster?  That would make perfect sense to me.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Hot Beef Injection with balls
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »
Everything looks amazing as usual @Idahawk.  Do you think injecting the meat with a hot injection helped the meat cook a little faster?  That would make perfect sense to me.

I didn't do it for that reason , but that idea seems plausible. I heated up the soup just to make sure it was cooked and mixed well before use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:50:16 PM by Idahawk »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 02:38:50 PM »
One heckuva spread, @Idahawk.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy