Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotis Pork  (Read 3136 times)

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Rotis Pork
« on: March 11, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
This was the best pork loin I've ever grilled. Wife rubbed it down with a rosemary paste, opened it up and rubbed more on the inside. A chimney of Kbb divided between the baskets with a couple small chunks of oak, one mini chimney added about an hour later, and this is what I had at the 1:40 mark. We will be cooking it again for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Re: Rotis Pork
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 02:33:48 AM »
That is good looking!  Haven't done a pork loin on the roti yet, going to have to rectify that in the near future!

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 04:38:32 AM »
Great looking ..... We just picked one up this week and Mrs. chuck_s said:  this will be perfect for the roti.... gotta love a women who loves the grill!! 

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 06:29:44 AM »

Great looking ..... We just picked one up this week and Mrs. chuck_s said:  this will be perfect for the roti.... gotta love a women who loves the grill!!

Chuck, if y'all like rosemary this is a really good one. It's called Rosemary-grilled pork loin and is in Steven Raichlen's "THE BARBECUE! BIBLE". It's his rendition of Tuscan rotisserie pork.

The paste is simply crushed stemmed rosemary, garlic, kosher, BP, and EVOO, and butterflying it puts the spice on the inside. Just remember to give yourself enough time to tie it up for the rotis rod, and be sure to check IT sooner rather than later. [emoji106]

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:48:10 AM »
I think the Roti would make a rock edible! Everything I have cooked on mine has been awesome!
Beautiful Loin Sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 07:55:34 AM »

I think the Roti would make a rock edible! Everything I have cooked on mine has been awesome!
Beautiful Loin Sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I agree. Thanks!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Rotis Pork
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
That is good looking!  Haven't done a pork loin on the roti yet, going to have to rectify that in the near future!

Thanks. Anything you can poke with the forks, just do it!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »
That's it. I need a rotisserie.
Still need a 22” yellow

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »

That's it. I need a rotisserie.

While it makes the best chicken and pork loin I've had, if you don't have a KettlePizza I'd still recommend one of those first....unless you're on the Adkin's diet or something. My wife got me both for Christmas and now I want to use each weekly!

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
That loin looks perfect great cook.  Now, if you really want to hit a HR tie up and spin a boneless butt.  It was a game changer for me.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 01:11:59 PM »

That loin looks perfect great cook.  Now, if you really want to hit a HR tie up and spin a boneless butt.  It was a game changer for me.

Funny you say that. I was wondering just how fast one could cook. What's your experience with them?

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »

Funny you say that. I was wondering just how fast one could cook. What's your experience with them?

One of my favorites.  Cook at 280 for around 3 1/2 hours. Ipull mine off when it hits 155.

Hope this helps.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Rotis Pork
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »

One of my favorites.  Cook at 280 for around 3 1/2 hours. Ipull mine off when it hits 155.

Hope this helps.

It's funny how the same piece of meat can be good cooked 3.5 hrs, or 14. Thanks.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
Great looking loin! If you want to try another recipe for that, look up Scott Rea project on YouTube. He has a recipe for one that has fresh sausage, breadcrumbs, a grated apple, sautéd onion, thyme, sage s&p and lemon all wrapped up into a roll of heaven. I have some pics but haven't figured how to upload them yet. I'm going to try yours next man! Thanks!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »
That butt looks damn good too. Just added that one to the list as well!